Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thankful Card-Heartfelf Freedom and Festivities at Emerald Creek Dares

Hello friends and visitors! Today marks Emerald Creek Dares "Heartfelt Freedom and Festivities-Part 2"  Anything Goes. We are half way through this month's challenge and looking at Thanksgiving Day and Christmas  so please be sure to pop over to see all the wonderful holiday inspiration from my talented teamies! Here is my Thanksgiving greeting using many of the fantastic and unique embossing powders Emerald Creek has in the shop. I will provide all the links for products used at the bottom of my post.


I started by making the focal panel and the project grew from there, as it often does. Unfortunately I didn't take any process steps for this panel, but I think I can talk you through it. I will have a few process shots of the background and one of the panels I die cut leaves from near the end of the post. 

Using a manila file folder cut to size, I colored with Distress spray in Carved Pumpkin and some other related colors of Distress stains and stamped with my Emerald Creek 'Web' stamp in Archival Jet Black. Once fully dry, I used Versamark ink and a Tim Holtz stamp from his Thankful Silhouettes set and then heat embossed with Emerald Creek's Clear Matte Embossing Powder. Blending  over top the embossed panel with Ground Expresso Distress ink really shows off that background. I wiped the ink from the embossed areas and flicked with water for an aged look. Lastly, I distressed the edges of the panel.


Following are some close ups of the leaves. Some were cut using Tim Holtz Fall Foliage Thinlits and Prima Forest Leaves dies from paper I colored with Distress inks and embossing powders. Some leaves were left over from previous projects. All the colored leaves were treated to additional heat embossing with various Emerald Creek embossing powders and my Emboss It Dabber. I pressed Distress inks through the Thinlits dies on some to get the veining. Some leaves were stamped (Stampin' Up), embossed and fussy cut. 


Here's a tiny pair I cut from wood I had lying on my work table. They were also edged with the dabber and powder and heated. I left some skeleton leaves white for contrast.



Here's a blurry closeup that hopefully gives you an idea of the gorgeous texture of these embossing powders on the leaf edges.


 Some twine from my stash and a pair of Emerald Creek Pinecone Charms left au naturel add a finishing touch.


Here's how I did it...
For the background, I cut a piece of manila file folder to size and slathered on Golden Crackle paste. While still wet I sprinkled with Emerald Creek Burnt Copper Leaves Emobssoing Powder, and once dry, heated the powder until just starting to melt. I love that gorgeous texture and rich color! Then I added watered down Distress stain in coordinating colors to bring ou the cracks. They are very minute--not visible in my photos-- and mostly covered up. Oh well!


For the leaves panel I inked directly on my very stained craft mat (Santa, are you getting the hint?)  and spritzed with water. I sprinkled the ink and water very lightly with Emerald Creek Moss Stone Green Embossing Powder. I pressed my manila file folder into the puddle, transferring the color and the powder to the card. I heated the panel just until  the powder was melted. Then I flicked with water,  sprinkled with Emerald Creek Charred Gold Embossing Powder and heated from below. Isn't it yummy?



Emerald Creek Products Used:

Web Cling Stamp
Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder
Oil Rubbed Bronze Embossing Powder
Charred Gold Embossing Powder
Soft Fallen Snow Embossing Powder
Moss Stone Green Embossing Powder
Candy Red Embossing Powder
Fine Clear Matte Embossing Powder
Pine Cone Charms

Other Products Used Available at Emerald Creek Supplies

Distress inks, sprays, and stains
Ranger Emboss It Dabber

Now it's over to you. I hope you will be inspired to make something for our 'Heartfelt Freedom and Festivities' Anything Goes challenge! One winner will be chosen to win a generous $50 gift voucher to Emerald Creek Craft Supplies Shop and 3 Honorable Mentions will win a badge and a 20% discount at the shop. Just for entering, you recieve a 10% discount coupon to the shop! So what's stopping you!?

Emerald Creek Dares
Emerald Creek Dares

Here's another look at my Thanksgiving Day card. This will be hand delivered to one of my best friend's who just happens to live next door. I am thankful for her friendship.


Emerald Creek Dares
I would also like to share this with the following challenges:
-The Artistic Stamper November's Creative Challenge-Autumnal I used a Tim Holtz stamp as my focal image with background using an Emerald Creek stamp.
-Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Thanks/Thanksgiving
DL. Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #192-"Thanksgiving" My first time entering this challenge!

Thank you for your visit and comments! I really appreciate them and do take the time to read them. 
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

30 comments:

  1. As always, your projects are so inspiring Sara Emily!! I also need to let Santa know that my craft mat is looking pretty rough! LOL Thank you for sharing your projects and creativity with us! ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Sara! Thanks for sharing your art process, too! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Sara Emily, this is absolutely amazing!! Wow!! The texture is incredible!! I love the colors and the design!! The leaves are spectacular!! You showcase the Emerald Creek embossing powders so perfectly!! This is stunning my friend!! A gorgeous Fall project!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great crackle, colours and textures! A beautiful make,Sara! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Sara. Such fabulous textures and gorgeous Autumn colors. Plus all my fav words too!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project Sara Emily! I love the colours and the textures you've been able to create. The pinecones are a fantastic finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh darling, all I can say is THIS IS COOL! What gorgeous elements and textures and colors you have combined and how I love this sentiment! Fantastic inspiration. I so enjoy seeing you create. PS. your package is on its way - he he and ho ho! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, elegant and charming, the colours are gorgeously autumnal and that really is a great sentiment. Loving those pinecones too, the perfect finishing touch. How lucky is your friend and neighbour to have this hand delivered too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Sara Emily! As always, I love the textures you create with the embossing powders and your colors are gorgeous. Love that web stamped over your sentiments - so subtle and cool! Awesome!! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Great idea wonderful artsy card I love how you did the background and all your added elements. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes November Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of the wonderful elements you have combined here Sara Emily! What a wonderful festive piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great design. Wonderful!!!
    Thanks for sharing at FSC.
    Greeting Carola

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! I love all the textures you used to create this beauty! Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and simply breathtaking work Sara Emily!
    Sorry I have not been around lately, but know I always love to see what you made.
    Thank you for joining Scrapy Land challenge with this beauty.
    Hugs
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, Sara, this is absolutely breathtaking! What a spectacular combination of rich textures, yummy festive colors and fabulous details! You showcase these EC embossing powders brilliantly! Web stamping over that amazing sentiment is such a genius idea and your leaves are so gorgeous! I love every single inch of this marvelous piece of art, my friend!
    Sending all my hugs to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful piece of art! The colors are so perfect for the season. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! the frame with these wonderful leaves is absolutely fabulous! Love all the textures! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! I love that central panel and all of the cracked yummyness. The things you do with embossing powders astounds me dearie. This looks like an Autumn wonderland filled with magnificent leaves and textures. The crisp skeleton leaves left white creates such a lovely contrast. Gorgeous colors!!!! Totes amazeballs! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is absolutely stunning. I love all the different textures and gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your project is stunning, Sara Emily!! It's absolutely loaded with texture and such a beautiful autumnal palette. I love getting a peek into your process. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunningly beautiful Sarah! I love all the textures, the leaves are wonderful and so realistic!

    Thank you for joining in with the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous piece of art! Thanks bunches for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Mojo this time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful Mixed Media card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies this month!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Mixed media! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the card. Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous Sara Emily, beautiful colour palette and fabulous textures! Thanks for sharing it and for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well this is fantastic! Beautiful colors and textures! Great job and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The leaves are heavenly....just so realistic and beautifully colored! Wonderful project Sara Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful project Sara Emily! Gorgeous textured leaves set of that yummy central panel perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely fabulous !
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge blog and Good Luck !
    Maryvonne – DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.