Thursday, June 8, 2017

Emerald Creek Dares-Surf and Turf

Hello crafty friends and visitors! Today I am sharing a tag I made for the 'Surf and Turf' challenge at Emerald Creek Dares. Please be sure to stop by the blog periodically , as Design Team members and Guests alike with be featured throughout the month.

 


Which is the 'wonderful creature'? I think it's pretty obvious which is the 'surf' creature on my tag, but can you spot the 'turf'?  If you guessed a bat, you would be right!

To make the background  I used Tim's Batground Stencil and Archival ink on tissue wrap. I applied the stamped tissue wrap with mod podge to tag, wrinkling and drying. I was going for a murky underwater seaweed-y look.  I applied stains and Fractured Ice embossing powder, and heat dried. I used chalky paint and Splatters stencil for bubbles and splattered  paint over the tag.










The Cerith Seashell stamp was inked with Broken China DOX and spritzed lightly with water. The impression was made, and while wet, I applied Fractured Ice Crystals. Heat til bubbly. I added Worn Lipstick DOX with my water pen 'inside' of  the shell. I blended with Distress inks and fussy cut. Some lace was dyed with stain and spritzed with Perfect Pearl spray. Jeweled Brads were painted with chalk paint, dried and wiped back. The seahorse is made from paper clay and a mold. I heat embossed with Fractured Ice and Black Onyx embossing powders and sprayed with Distress Spray in Mermaid Lagoon. It's really much prettier in person, but I couldn't get the camera to focus on the texture. I adhered some die cuts, Gemstones, micro beads, shells, and a Tim Holtz Clipping sticker to finish it off. Can you see where I've cut apart a Snowflake charm to mimic the star from a sand dollar? The star from the real sand dollar fell out of the shell, so I glued that on, too, near the bottom left hand corner.


Now it's over to you! I can't wait to see what you will make for our 'Surf and Turf' dare! Remember, the winner receives a very generous gift voucher to Emerald Creek Craft Supplies!




Emerald Creek Dares
Emerald Creek products used:

Other products used that can be purchased at Emerald Creek Craft Supplies:
Distress Stains-Blues and Greens
Distress Inks-Broken China, Pumice Stone
Distress Spray Stain-Mermaid Lagoon

Additional products used: Tim Holtz Mini Holiday Greens Thinlits die, Tim Holtz Plain Tissue Wrap, Tim Holtz stencils- Batground, Splatters, Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, Tim Holtz Clippings Stickers, Distress Oxide-Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Ranger Archival ink-Cobalt, Jet Black, Ranger Perfect Pearl spray, Ranger manila tag, DecoArt Everlasting Chalky paint.  Shells and lace are from my stash.

I am entering the following challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and for all your fabulous comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

14 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is stunning Sara! The background is awesome .. love the colour palette, and adore your little sea-horse. Absolutely brilliant how you have created this underwater world!! Love it!! Have a fabulous day!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been having a catch up - this is the icing on the cake though! I adore this! Such a fabulous trip to the sea! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely work and the colours just seem to pop out. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh, Sara Emily, this is jaw-dropping gorgeous!! What amazing texture!! I keep going back to the pictures to stare at this gorgeous tag!! Truly amazing, my sweet friend!! It's an underwater paradise!!I love every single detail!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag, Sara Emily! I love looking at all the many amazing details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck yeah! This is just amazing! I adore the fabulous tissue background and gorgeous layers of inks - certainly achieving your desired effect! The seahorse is spectacular and the coral and lace are beautiful touches. This is so fantastic and is the second way cool tag I've seen today. I have got to have a tag play! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this palette of colours, I'm ready to dive in your tag, playing with the seahorse... what a great amount of textures! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!!! This is amazing! I love all the wonderful textures and awesome colors!!! The underwater seaweed look is fantastic!!! The seahorse looks so cool!!! I love everything about this! So much inspiration Sara Emily!
    Have a great evening my friend,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sara, what wonderful layers, colours and textures on your fabulous tag. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara, I would never have thought to use lace in a sea theme, and it looks fabulously amazing! I love the textures you've achieved on this colorful tag! Beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Sara - so many wonderful layers and such beautiful colours - I am immediately transported under the sea with your beautiful piece of work! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the layers, textures and details on this, Sara! Such a beautiful tag!
    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge blog!
    https://mixitupchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.