Tuesday, December 22, 2015

12 Tags of 2015--December

Hello everyone! With all the hustle and bustle of the last few days and the 7 days before that making Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas, I almost forgot to make my December tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 .  You can read all about the details of how to make this in Tim's wonderfully easy to follow tutorial on his blog. Here is my sparkly vintage version.


Here is Tim's beautiful, rustic original tag.  I drew so much inspiration from his tag, but sadly I do not own so many of the products he used. Again, I was called to improvise.

12 tags of 2015 - December | www.timholtz.com

I am in love with Tim's Vintage Platinum  Distress Glitter Dust, and have found two uses for it on my tag, although my photography does not nearly capture the vintage beauty of this magical dust! I've glittered the daylights out of my foliage and then very discreetly around the edge of my tag. Perhaps a little too discreetly for the camera to pick up! But it's perfectly sparkly vintage goodness in real life!




 I used  the Festive Greenery die, cutting some of my greenery from sanded Kraft Core card and some from white card. I applied the glitter dust to the white card foliage using Ranger Glossy Accents and inked the Kraft Core greenery with Ground Expresso.

The bow is cut out of Ranger Manila card and Tim's Holiday Wreath die.  I colored it using Barn Door Distress and Ground Expresso inks and Festive Berries Distress marker. This is my first time using the bow from this die, and I'm so delighted how easy it is to make a 3D bow using it.

I loved using my new Distress splatter brush with Picket Fence Distress paint for a little snowy effect over the entire tag. The tiny gold and silver jingle bells are from my stash, and I colored three of them with Watermelon Alcohol ink. Crinkle ribbon is colored using Ground Expresso Distress ink.




This would look great with a little stitching around the edges, like Tim did, but my machine was not up for it.  I tried to redeem myself by glittering my edges. Well, that concludes 12 wonderful tags for 2015!  What an inspiration you have been this year, Tim! Thank you, and Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to 12 more in 2016!

I would like to enter this into the following inspiring challenges:
Scrapy Land Challenge # 32 Holidays I used a Sizzix die over and OVER again! And another two Sizzix just once--I used Tags and Bookplates to cut my tag.
Our Creative Corner Wish Upon a Star
A Vintage Journey Vintage Christmas Tim inspiration is his December tag!

Thank you for stopping by and for all your wonderful comments!
Merry Christmas to you and your families!
Sara Emily
UPDATE: So honored!
Thank You! January 2016 12 Tags of 2015-December

34 comments:

  1. Nicely done my dear!!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land for our Holidays challenge!

    Hugs

    Samra GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful take on the December tag! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara - I like your better than Tims! its great! Have a wonderful Christmas! Cxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, oh my, oh my, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - totally INCREDIBLE Sara. This HAS to win a dozen prizes.... it is just spectacular.......wow. Love how you did the leaves to sparkles so much and that bow is GORGEOUS - all of it is beyond GORGEOUS. And the blue - ahhhhhhhhhh - ohhhhhhhhhhhhh - whhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... just sooo ELEGANT, GLAMOURICIOUS, STUNNINGLY FABULOUS. What's that saying....'last but NOT least' - WOW. j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Sara!! The bow is so wonderful, as are all the other details. Magnificent glitter everywhere! Happy Holidays, and thanks for all your visits and comments - really means a lot! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Sara! The textures looks wonderful and I love the sparkly wreath you've created.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I would say that you improvised very well indeed because this is incredibly beautiful, I love how you used the Vintage Platinum Distress Glitter, it looks gorgeous and the bow is so pretty. This is a fabulous take on Tim's tag Sara! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag looks fetching! I love the texture, the silvery wreath and jingle bells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so much better than the original! Yeppers, hands down! What a stunning design and good info about the 3D bow die. I was up in the air about it but now (because you are an enabler) it's on my wish list. Lol! Fantabulous background and your use of the DI makes me drool. You are a delightful artist to learn from! So happy to have "met" you through this thing we call Blogland. Hugz to you muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful sparkly take on Tim's tag, Sara! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Perfect take on Tim's tag!! I love every single detail!! The glitter is fabulous!! And that bow is amazing!! Good luck with Tim's challenge!! And thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooooh, I love your tag more than Tim's, Sara! Absolutely stunning design and a wonderful use od distress glitter! I am lerning from you, my super creative and super talented friend! I wish you the most wonderful Christmas time with your family! Merry Christmas, my dear!
    Huge hugs and lots of love to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Sara Emily! you just keep on keeping on- you are amazing sweet friend!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous sparkly door garland - what a fabulous take on the December tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh I think it is fabulous! The discreet glitter dust on the edges looks awesome. I am still hoping to get my hands on some. Gorgeous work as always. Merry Christmas!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Emerald Creek Dares, Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really beautiful Sara, I love all your sparkle! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very Merry Christmas. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word Sarah Emily! This is ever so beautiful I truly love the paper bow and your fabulous color combination. Hugs, autumn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sara....I am LOVE, lOvE, LoViN' all that SPARKLE....
    AWESOME Work! I too love the white and AQUA....PRETTY, PreTTy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like how you added the sparkly bits to your wreath. Lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for playing along with my challenge 'Wish Upon A Star' over at Our Creative Corner! Great take on the tag Sara! Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, my lovely this is gorgeous and what a great take on Tim's, I love your cooler winter frosty version xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too am obsessed with the vintage platinum glitter dust- i was trying to think of ways to add it to this months tag but came up empty LOL- love what you did especially with it around the edge! beautiful tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Quite simply a stunning interpretation of Tim's tag here Sara Emily. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your tag, it brings out the Christmas feeling, and I love That ❤

    Happy New year to you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your tag, it brings out the Christmas feeling, and I love That ❤

    Happy New year to you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous take on Tim's tag, Sara. Love it.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Emerald Creek this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and Thank you for leaving lovely words on my blog. Happy New Year to you too Sara

      Delete
  27. Beautiful Tag!! I love the distress glitter and the bow is gorgeous! Great tag! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning! I love the glittery wreath. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. another beautiful tag. and i agree that vintage platinum glitter is awesome. i have just bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i should have added: thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx.
      http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  30. This is gorgeous and so beautifully sparkly. Love the wreath.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really beautiful tag ! I love the garland and your background. Great work :)
    Congratulations as top 5 at Fussy and Fancy ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.