Sunday, August 13, 2017

Mixed Media Layout-'Whisper to My Heart'

Hello friends and visitors! It's another rainy day here in the south, so I spent my afternoon in the Closet playing with some of my hoarded 'trash'. It's always fun to create just for fun. Here is my mixed media layout I made inspired by the mood board at Mixed Media and Art.


Not too much detail of the process, since I was just having fun. I have a few close-up shots of the details and a list of products used at the end of the post.


The focal image is an old stamp from my stash--maker unknown. Lot's of layers of DOX and Distress crayons takes her image back a few years. I was inspired by the dreamy blues and neutrals in the photo collage.


More inspiration comes from the bricks and cracks and the embossed pendants. I did a tutorial on how to make my coins shown below. You can see my tutorial HERE. All I did was change the color from gold to vintage silver using Prima's Sparks Raven's Eye paint and Distress crayon. Same for the 'washers'.


Inspired by ...the paint brushes...



...the feathers and the wispy word 'wings'.



And what about all that nubby texture? I used the beautiful Prima Sparks Magical Pond on some Art Stones and quote.


I'm sharing with these challenges:
Inspired by the blues in the flowers, the texture of the shingles, and the swag of vines (echoed by the single thread swaying over my layout.




AALL and Create- ITAC '17 CHALLENGE 1 – EUROPE
I have included a face, papers, letters (but not numbers), string and lace, textures of cracks and bricks, ancient coins, and wood, something vintage-portrait, coins, lace and modern elements of stamped designs on background, 'washers' and chains.
#itac17  #itac17challenge1  #aallandcreate

Thank you for your visit and for all your wonderful comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

I used the following products from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:




I used these DecoArt products:
Media Fluid paints: Burnt Umber and Medium Grey Value 6, Ultra Matte Varnish, Weathered Wood Crackle medium and Crackle paint

And these products from my stash:
Black Gesso and Soft Gel Medium, Prima stamps,Tag and Bookplates die from Tim Holtz

29 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sara. The textures, layers, colours and details are all wonderful.
    Thank you for joining in with our August challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this textured work of art. I am, too, making a scrapping mixed media today and will use your piece for inspiration. Love your cake below too Sara, it's delish.xxx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, this is a breathtakingly beautiful piece of art!! I love every single little detail of it, the textures, the shades of blue, the beautiful and slightly haunting image, the gentle softness of the feather - absolutely stunning!!

    Have you seen the challenge by aall and Create that Tracy is part of? Details here - https://www.aallandcreate.com/challenge-1 Worth a look...

    Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Sara Emily - the colours and textures are perfect to capture my heart - those bricks, the crackle, and the wonderful chains on the tag - and I love the woman at the heart of it all. Stunning work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout, Sara Emily. Love the fantastic textures created with the feathers, bricks and crackles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing!! So much phenomenal texture!! I love the bricks!! The cracked tag is spectacular!! Wow!! The details in this are just stunning!! It's a mixed media masterpiece!! I love, love it, my friend!! So gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, so peaceful. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FABULOUS layout Sara Emily!!! The bricked background is so cool and stands out perfectly! I love the old, aged image for the focal point. Gives it that antique feel. I love the textures, dimension and wonderful details~ Wow, the inspiration is over the top!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredibly beautiful Sara Emily! Oh I want to caress it and hold it to the light and spin it around and see all of those shimmers and shadows! The coins are so cool and I can't wait to see that tutorial. I cannot believe that focal image is a stamp! WOOOOOOOOW! I would have sworn it was a printout. Gorgeous color depth and agedness. The feathers and the row of art stones are gorgeous additions. I could go on! Super impressed and inspired by this wonderful piece. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful canvas Sara Emily! I love how the eye is drawn off to the left in the center and again down from the right - the feathers off the edge add great texture! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Sara Emily! I love the textures - everything in here is so awesome with how it's finished (great tutorial that I'll need to look at again!). My favorite thing is your focal point - like Autumn, I thought this was printed. It's fantastic!!! You need to do a tutorial - love love love it!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sara Emily!! She is exquisite!!! I mean absolutely superb! I love every detail about her!! Are you going to frame her? You should!
    Thank you for always leaving me such wonderful comments, I love your words!! Someday, we will play together and OH the fun we will have! hugs & love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Thanks a lot for playing with us Mixed Media & Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. merci de jouer pour Sandee & Amelie's , à bientôt NATE

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful ! Stunning piece Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh - one of my favorites EVER of yours Sara - WONDERFUL. You should be the WINNER at Mixed Media and Art - you captured everything they asked for perfectly. What a STUNNINGLY SPLENDID work of art. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make wonders with an old stamp! Fabulous layout with amazing textures. And thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Really lovely details in this and the textures created are wonderful. Thank you for entering at Creative Artiste Mixed media Challenge Blog this month. Good luck
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful piece Sara, it has such a dreamy feel to it. Love the soft subtle shades and wonderful textures, and so many details too. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful layout - love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is most stunning a super inspiring!!! Thank you SO much for sharing your gorgeous work with us over at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So thrilled to see you as the WINNER with this gorgeous layout Sara at MMM - huge congratulations! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your win for this beautiful project Sara Emily! and thank you for letting me know I was Honorable mention! I lose track of all the challenges! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heck yeah this is a winner! Way to rock the MMM challenge and wow us all! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and whimsical design and details! I so enjoy the soft feel and vibe of this exquisite layout. You sure are a versatile artist! Everything from coffins to this fairy tale! Awesome sauce and fantabulous dearie! Congrats on your win as well! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.