Wednesday, November 16, 2016

12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style- Week One

Welcome friends and visitors! I'm back with my second entry into Linda Coughlin's 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style, this time I'm at week one. I really loved this design, and had such a great time making my card patterned closely after Linda's tag. It is actually the first one I started, but I  just finished it today. Please stop by Linda's blog The Funkie Junkie to see the details of her tag and for the rules on this fabulous 12 week long challenge. Linda's shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique is generously sponsoring this challenge with three great prizes and EVERYONE who completes the 12 projects and links them up on time gets a discount coupon to the shop to use in January. So get rolling and you will have 12 awesome cards or tags AND  a wonderful prize at the end!


Here is Linda's gorgeous wintry tag. I loved the gold mingled with the neutrals and black elements, and it's obvious I cased this pretty much from top to bottom. I was lucky enough to grab these two new Tim Holtz Thinlits dies early in the season, and this is the first time I've used the Treeline Thinlit die. LOVE it!


Like Linda, I used an old Hero Arts Stamp, but mine is music for a Christmas carol. It will be getting plenty of use this season. If I'm not mistaken, I used Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo inks and spray stains on my background, and instead of the Mica spray Linda used (and I don't have), I used Perfect Pearl spray for that beautiful shimmer. It almost looks like snowfall, doesn't it?

I used Ranger Transparent Matte Texture Paste mixed with DecoArt Venetian Gold Metallic paint to knife through my Tim Holtz Stars stencil. When dry I swiped on some gold metallic wax. Although I painted the stars (Dimensional Stars Thinlits die) with Tarnished Brass like Linda, I added some of that same metallic wax  to give them some additional depth.



I chose to cut my trees from a very deep brown paper, mainly because it was handier than my black. I was willing to reach a little further for the black if I had to, but I ended up liking the brown. I did apply gesso before swiping on some Tarnished Brass Distress paint. I think it richens the color a bit. I layered up the tree lines using Ranger Black Foam Adhesive Tape.


 My sentiment is a Small Talk Occasions sticker cut up and more of the metallic wax applied for some shimmer. Seeing the stars reminded me of the Hymn "The First Noel".  I layered my panel on more of the deep brown card and then added a line of Tarnished Brass paint on the edge of my card blank with yet another deeper color metallic wax swiped on for depth.



This has got to be my favorite Funkie Junkie design so far. Thank you for the inspiration and this challenge, Linda!


I'm sharing this card with:
-Deep Ocean Challenge #142 " Inspired by a Song or Movie" "The First Noel" Although it's not the Star of Bethlehem, I instantly thought of this song when I saw these stars.

Thank you for stopping by today and for all your wonderful comments! I read and appreciate them all!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

20 comments:

  1. Oh Sara this is delightful, off to pin it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous andthe treeline die looks fantastic! Loe what you did with the stars too, - just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, Sara! I adore your stars, the background is simply fabulous and that treeline die is on my wish list now! You used that die perfectly! Oh, my friend, what a brilliant Christmas card this is! Love it to bits! Sending all my hugs to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly stunning Sara, I love the metallic looking stars against the wonderful snowy background and the trees look fabulous! Really, really beautiful!!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER PLAY ALONG!!! Ahh, the suspense has killed me because I knew you'd break out with a bomb and blow us all away! This is amazing and I love seeing you shine with your new toys! Yip yip! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is just splendid!! it should be in a tag hall of fame!!! Have a great day and thank you for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful......I love how you made this into something gorgeous. Thanx for joining us at Noor Design UK.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous! Beautiful dies and fabulous techniques. Love the colours and those lovey dimensional stars. Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning as alway... I love your work...
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is absolutely fabulous!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Let’s Craft and Create
    Jolanda
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love tags and haven't mastered them. You've made a totally gorgeous tag and I adore the layers you've done! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our ANYTHING GOES WITH CHRISTMAS challenge. --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Sara Emily! The colour palette is fabulous. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft & Create challenge. We hope to see you again.
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whooohoooo! You are on a roll with these tags/cards! The music background really lends itself nicely with the sentiment. I can hear the choir singing! Gives me goosebumps. The gold and black and neutrals really do go well together. Have to remember that combo, I will. Hehe! This is B E utiful dearie and so festively festive. Awesome sauce and gorgeous! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely love the drama and contrasts in this glorious tag. Thanks for joining in with Country View Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning work Sara - love this! Thanks so much for joining us at countryview challenges! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic, Sara! Love all the gold and shimmer. Your brown trees are perfect, especially with the brush of gold. Beautiful background too. So happy to have you joining in the fun with me this year for the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous. I love the black and gold and your design.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous variation on Linda's theme, Sara Emily - I love your gold-tipped trees and spritzed background over the lovely music. I've just posted my first - 12 tags in 12 days - figured it might be just the thing to get me back in the swing of things after so many months away from the craft table...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! This is fantastic tag. Love the background and your texture with the die cuts. Love it! Thank You for playing along with HLS Anything Goes with Dies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.