Monday, February 5, 2018

Sweet Valentine


Hello friends! I've made a complete creative 360 from my rusted mixed media project I created for A Vintage Journey HERE. I'll be back to my grungy self this Wednesday, when I'll post my Design Team project for Frilly and Funkie.


I dug out my Lemon Craft papers purchased from my good friend, Lisa's Etsy shop and used a die and a stamp I've had for awhile, but never used. The sweet young Valentine image is from Lemon Craft's Vintage Time 005. I used another of the papers from the Heart Painted Basics collection. Both of these panels and the bottom beige panel were colored with Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo Distress Oxides. I die cut a panel with Tim Holtz' Mixed Media 2 die, and the panel peeking out below it was colored with my newest Ken Oliver Merlot Color Burst.


The sweet rose is an Emerald Creek stamp colored with Distress markers and fussy cut. The book page heart was included in the little thank you gift bag Linda includes with your order at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. I colored it with chalk paint and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide. The silver heart charm is also from The Funkie Junkie Boutique, and I snipped off the bail. I embossed it, the Tim Holtz Bouquet flowers and Handwritten Love die cut with Pink Frantage. I tucked in a Momenta clock die cut and some lace from my stash. The hand dyed crinkle ribbon is a gift from my talented friend, Samra (Paper Talk With Samra). Isn't it beautiful? I just wish I could tie a pretty bow like she does!


I am so thrilled with my newest tool--the Prima Distressing Tool which was one of the 12 gifts my good friend, Autumn sent me for Christmas. This makes fast work of those edges! Thank you sooo much, Autumn!

That's all for me today! How are you coming along with your Valentine's Day cards?

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:
SumMore Fun Mood Boards #21 Inspired by the colors and the theme--love, hearts, handwritten message in the sand.
Country View Challenges February 2018 - Anything But Cute Holding my breath on this one...May be cute; I'll call it charming and sweet. :)

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving your wonderful comments! They mean so much to me.
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

The following products used can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

31 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Sara with lots of lovely layers. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, This is stunning! The layers are amazing, so many beautiful things to look at. Thank you so much for joining us at SumMore Fun Challenge Blog.

    DTM Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sweet Sara! Love all the loving elements! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘For the One I Love’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sara Emily, I love this card! You've showcased the sweet image with so many wonderful accents. The papers are beautiful--I don't believe I've seen them before. I think your bow looks fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Sara...you might know I love grunge as well...but this card is so cute and full of lovely details! Great job! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love, love this, Sara Emily!! Wow!! This is so spectacular!! I love the colors and the way you've showcased the adorable image!! Your details are perfection, as always!! This makes me happy to look at!! It's so beautiful!! And thank you for the shout-out, too :) Have a great day, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome creation! I love all the distressed edges on all those lovely layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaw, Sara Emily you card is darling! I love the lemon craft papers and sweet image of those adorable children! The lace and ribbon is so pretty and a wonderful touch! I love the vintage feel of your sweet Valentine card..it's gorgeous!!
    Hope you have a fantastic week my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great vintage card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your beautiful card, Sara Emily. So soft and lovely layers with great texture, and those sweet children are the perfect focal point for a card about love. Awesome as always! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and so vintage! Such a sweet card.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this! Oh course my favourite colour is pink and I love all pastel shades. The little children are adorable. Beautifully done xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a very sweet card Sara (I had to stop myself from calling it cute - you know why ;-)) Those images really are pretty and I love all the layers. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenges at Rubber Dance and Country View Crafts, and have a very happy week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This just shows how versatile you are in your crafting, going from grungy to such a pretty design! The Lemoncraft papers are truly beautiful and the image of the children is just adorable and I love all the additional elements you added to your wonderful design! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with Anne. It's great to see your amazing talents come out to play, no matter the style or theme. This is so incredibly beautiful. I can hardly believe the EC flower wasn't a cutout from the paper! You really made a beautiful design with so many incredible details. I'm glad you like the distressing tool! :) It's especially good for chipboard, etc. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card, love all the little elements and the sweet kids too.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice card ! Thanks for participating in our February 'Anything but cute' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is amazingly awesome! Wow, the detail! Thanks for joining us at SumMore Fun! Please join us again! ~DT Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so sweet and your image is fantastic - I love the way you designed this card!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omgosh Sara Emily!
    This is soooooo CUTE!! heeheeee Sorry, it really is sweet and a bit cute, but we won't say that aloud!!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so right Sara - this is a very SWEET Valentine. It is a PERFECT example of a vintage look from my Grammie's house on Valentine's Day! I would say... SWEETLY SPECIAL!!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so sweet and love the vintage feeling, so perfect for the design. And love your layers and that beautiful bow! Thank you for joining us at SumMore Fun, looking forward to seeing more of your creations.
    ~DT Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha ha hi Sara, you can about just get away with the sweet rather than cute for our "anything but cute" challenge over at Country View. This is a very sweet design, lots of lovely layers too. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! How fabulously cute is this! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful vintage Valentine! Gorgeous image & fantastic dies! Thanks for joining our "For The One I Love" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aw, sweet is right! In this case I will say “sweet is as sweet does” since the sweetness of your heart is obvious in the beautifully layered card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww, what a precious Valentine! I love all the wonderful layers it has. Thank you so much for joining in the SumMore Fun mood board challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh what eye candy - love the frills and your pinks are so vivid and pleasing, as is that sweet focal image, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing card! I love that vintage look and all the details you've added. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute vintage Valentine card! Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.