Monday, April 24, 2017

Rain. Rain. Go Away

Hi friends and visitors! It's been raining cats and dogs here, so I had some extra crafty time to make a few cards on Sunday afternoon. I wanted to participate in Suzz's challenge 'April Showers' over at Frilly and Funkie, and I only had to look out my window for inspiration.



Nothing new or too complicated here. The background is made with Distress Oxide in Broken China and Faded Jeans. I splashed some water on for drops and allowed some of the color to run down like the drops hitting the window and trailing down the glass.

I formed a little puddle for my man to stand in using Tim's  Birch  stamp and Faded Jeans DOX applied right to the rubber and spritzed lightly with water.

 Outside my window I see people with umbrellas walking their dogs (Today's the kind of day I'm happy I don't have a dog to walk!), so I used Tim Holtz Umbrella Man (In Dreams) to stamp my image.

I used an Emerald Creek stencil for my raindrops inked in Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire and embossed with clear powder.


Because my card was just a little too simple, I die cut an umbrella using Tim's Umbrella Man and colored with more Faded Jeans DOX and blended some Black Soot ink over the top. It's got some black foam tape under and glued just at the top edge so it will stay dimensional.


Last, a favorite childhood ditty my kids loved to sing as my sentiment. I used a portion of Tim's   "Thoughts" quote and Cobalt Archival ink and a couple of Chit Chat stickers edged in Chipped Sapphire ink.


That's it for this simple card! I hope you are enjoying some sunshine wherever you are in the world, but I'm afraid it's more rain for us today! At least I won't have to water the veggies and perennials I planted last week!

I'm sharing my card with these challenges:

Thank you for your visit and comments today! I appreciate hearing from you and try to return the visit as soon as possible!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

26 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous, Sara Emily!! The background looks amazing!! I love, love how you added dimension to the umbrella!! Perfect!! The colors are beautiful!! I always feel a little sorry for Tim's umbrella man...I don't know why!! I hope the rain there reads your card and goes away so you have sunshine, my dear friend!! Happy Monday!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that 3D umbrella!!! What a striking make!
    Have a fabulous day my dear.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sara! Love how you created the rain .. looks so wonderful .. and your umbrella man is fabulous! Clean, simple and totally stunning card!! Enjoy the rest of the week. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spattered rainy window - and a clever touch with the umbrella. I love that you can see the sparkle of the raindrops on Umbrella Man!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainy background - what a great raindrops stencil too.
    I've just been playing with Mr UM too - wish I'd thought to give his umbrella a bit of dimension!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like I am looking out a window at a man outside with his umbrella - nice job Sugar. I like clean and simple - although achieving this is never as simple as it looks!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rain!!! It's truly one of my favorite things, isn't that silly. Love these blues and this image. I forgot that I had bought this one and wished I had remembered because I so wanted to enter this week's umbrella challenges and didn't want to use the die you sent just yet - in typical hoarder fashion. LOL! Love this and hope your area dries up soon. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly stand it - me you and Mimi all in the top 3 at F&F - my besties on parade! Whoop whoop! Congrats friend!

      Delete
  8. Umbrella man looks wonderful against the beautifully created raindrops in the background. I love that you made his umbrella, it adds a lovely extra dimension to your card. Hope the rain stops for you soon!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great and beautiful card, i love the umbrella.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have depicted such a rainy day Sara with all the raindrops and puddles and I love the dimensional umbrella, that's just so cool. I hope it has brightened up now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a super take on our theme this month and love how you have aged the umbrella so beautifully, thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rain on the background. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Showers/Flowers challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you had such a grey day, but hey, look at the cool card that came from it! I really like that you made the umbrella dimensional and love those raindrops!
    hugs,Jackie ")
    Hope the sun shines again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can almost hear the raindrops pattering against the pavement! This is such a delightful card, and I love the curved umbrella, Sara Emily! Great use of ink, too! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie "April Showers" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, Sara Emily! My sis had told me about all the rain she was getting in her area of NC...hopefully it's better now. This umbrella man is fab with the background, but my favorite part is the dimensional umbrella - I'm in love with it! So creative - been wanting this die for awhile and now it's moving up on the wish list after seeing what you've done. Perfect, perfect background with the colors, raindrops and sentiments. Love this (basically) CAS card! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the rain! Thank you for joining us at our 'Just For Fun Challenge' at Mix It Up Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again.
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful project! Love all the detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's "Just For Fun" challenge! Will be looking forward to seeing you again when our regular challenge line-up begins on May 1st!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MIUCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous card! Love the look of the rain here and that textured background.Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card Sara. Love that shaped umbrella in particular. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this one is yours, too, I see! Yep, this is more my attitude🤣 and another worthy piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for MIUCB's "Just For Fun" challenge!
    Irena DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is a beautiful card. I love the background and the Umbrella Man.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE! A rainy sky and umbrella man - nothing better.
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! Thanks for your participation at Mixed Media World Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.