Friday, November 18, 2016

12 Tags of Christmas-Funkie Junkie Style-Week #6

Welcome back! I am skipping around with Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas-Funkie Junkie style, and this time I was inspired by Linda's rustic tag--Week 6. I was inspired by her kraft and white color scheme, Holiday Knit stenciling, glittery trees, and her use of those sweet deer and gingham ribbon on her tag.



Here is Linda's beautiful tag. Please be sure to stop by her blog to see the details and how she made this wintry festive tag.


For my card, I chose a kraft card blank and laid down texture paste  through the Holiday Knit stencil as Linda did, but I added embossing powder and heated once the paste had dried. I added the  Rock Candy Distress Glitter on my white Tree Line die cuts and left one cut from kraft card unadorned. My sweet little Tim Holtz deer are still packed up in the Funkie Junkie package I received so quickly today, but I chose to use die cuts (Impression Obsession) so my card would be easier to mail. I'll save the sweet deer for another project, or I may just stare at them for a year. I didn't have the Holiday Greens die that Linda used, but I substituted some holly from the new Tim Holtz Mixed Media Christmas Thinlits die set and cut some Festive Greenery (Decorative Strip die)  to tuck under my Labels Thinlits embossed with a sentiment from Flonz Craft. The berries were colored with Festive Berries Distress marker and a water pen. Deer, sentiment label, greenery sprig, and card all were edged in Frayed Burlap.




 Be sure to take some time and enter your own version of Linda's tags -- you have until December 19th to make 12 tags (or whatever project you decide to make inspired by Linda's weekly tag). There are prizes! Linda's shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique is sponsoring the challenge and everyone who participates, completing the 12 week challenge gets a generous discount coupon to use at her shop, in addition to 3 lucky gift voucher winners!

The following products that were used can be found at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


I am sharing my card with:

Thank you for your visit or comments! I read and appreciate each and every one of them! 
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

28 comments:

  1. Beautifully put together and a great take on Linda's tag, you have taken all the elements Sara and created a fabulous version of your own. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sara Emily, very funkie,shabby!
    Sending hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning, Sara Emily!! Wow!! I love the layers and the design and the colors!! The Holiday Knit background looks amazing!! This is spectacular my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Sara Emily - a long way from Halloween!!!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara Emily, you did such a FABULOUS job layering here! I just love your variation, extremely cool and so beautiful. All with the perfect festive touches. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara. White on craft card looks so stunning. I love how the deer are subtle, yet still stand out...a clever design.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the kraft and white together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great take on week #6, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sara, what a super cool Christmas card this is! I adore the combination of kraft and white and these berries are so gorgeous! Fantastic layering and you have created such an amazing winter scene! This is spectacular, my sweet friend! Big hugs to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your version, Sara Emily! I love your embossed holiday knits behind the glittery layer of trees. Love your idea for the holly and the deer are precious. Beautiful!
    P.S. Thank you for all the love you left on my blog yesterday - made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is beautiful!! I absolutely love the kraft and white combo, especially for the holidays! Your layers upon layers of trees creates such a wonderful and dimensional background for your wee deer family! That strip of red ribbon adds a little tradition into the mix that I just adore, and what Christmas card is complete until you've added some glitter!! LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Sara Emily! Love the colours on this card. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous design and layers...luv the trees! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty creation for our current theme at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, the white with Kraft looks very striking, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to be so late.... I just love your version Sara!! The stenciled background is a wonderful base, love the gorgeous tree layers and those deer are so beautiful - love, love, love!!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely holiday projects, Sara! LOVE the snowy scene. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful snowy scene - Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all those dies!! What a great winter scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Noor! Design UK for the "Winter" challenge. Hope to see you again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great christmas card....full of lovely dies and details. Thanx for joining us at Noor Design UK.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely card! Fab color combo and embellishing. Thank you for joining us at Noor! Design UK challenges. We hope to see you again next round.
    Hugs, Karina
    DT Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fabulous card Sara and I love your take on Linda's tag.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a very beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft & Create Challenge. We hope you can join us again in the future and good luck! Mary DT x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeosu!!! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the layering! Very festive card. Thanks for joining at Lets craft and create

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the beautiful scene you have created on your card, Sara Emily. All that kraft and white are looking gorgeous. I'm loving the deer herd you made with your Impression Obsession die. Wish I had grabbed one for myself before we sold out! Your red gingham ribbon is the perfect finisher for this card. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!!! This is just AH-MAZING! Thank You for playing along with HLS Anything Goes with Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I do love your stripes of gingham underlying your fabulous wintry forest, and a positive herd of deer taking pride of place - they're wonderful! Another great take on Linda's inspiration - I really love this one.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.