Thursday, November 10, 2016

Rustic Fall Card

Welcome, crafty friends and visitors! Today I'd like to share a Thanksgiving card I made for my daughter. You'll see another similar to this, using some, well most of the same elements, but using different products and a few additions. I was having fun experimenting with different products to get similar results.


Trying to get in lots of crackle for A Vintage Journey's current challenge 'Cracking Up!' and some mesh for Funkie Junkie's 'What a 'Mesh'!' theme. The crackle on the card blank, focal image and leaves comes from Tim's Crazing medium and is highlighted with his Distress crayons. The crackle on the frame comes from DecoArt Crackle Glaze and is highlighted with DecoArt Antiquing Cream.


The dark background is a vintage book page embossed with a Book Cover Texture Fade, colored with Distress crayons and ink.  Perhaps you can see the tiny bit of bling peeking out here and among the leaf cluster--I was inspired by the 'Rustic Glam' theme over at Anything But Cute and 'Shine Bright Like a Diamond' at Simon Says Stamp . See those little brass nails? They are made from paper...I was too lazy to get my metal brads out.



The bling and metal word band (colored with alcohol inks) and the mesh ribbon are from my stash. I 'filled in' the word Fall with Distress crayon. Tim's Linen Ribbon is 'pulled out'  to form additional mesh; I love this attribute of this ribbon.


The stamp is from one of the autumn sets I scooped up for just pennies at my first online craft auction this summer. They are from My Favorite Things. I colored the image with Distress inks.



I'm sharing my card with the following challenges:
-Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Shine Bright Like a Diamond I used sparkly bling x 3 on my card; It doesn't sparkle like in real life due to poor lighting conditions
-Scrapy Land Challenge #53-Anything Goes I used Sizzix Ornate Frame and Autumn Gatherings Dies.
-Dies R Us Challenge #60 Thankful For Nature Thanksgiving card with Nature (leaves)
-Mod Squad Challenge Thankful Thanksgiving Day card.
-Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge-Use Alcohol Inks I used them on the bling and word band.

Thank you for your visit and lovely comments today! I read and appreciate each one! 
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily
UPDATE: Yippee!



28 comments:

  1. Your fall card is stunning! Love all the textures and elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! The crackle looks fab and I love the frame.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sara, this is exquisite! What a crackled autumnal heaven, my friend! You used Tim's crazing medium and Decoart crackle glaze wonderfully and your crakles turned out brilliantly! I can't believe those brass nails are made of paper! It looks so realistic! What a genius idea! Your daughter is going to adore this amazing card! I am so impressed and so inspired, as always! Big hugs to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you certainly got plenty of crackle in there Sara - the crackled frame is gorgeous and wow, those brads look so realistic, how clever of you to do that! I love the pumpkin and the gorgeous autumnal leaves around it are superb. Beautiful work! Hugs, Anne xx

    PS - thanks so much for joining in our 'Cracking Up' challenge at A Vintage Journey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another absolutely beautiful creation, Sara Emily! I love the background and crackle finish on the frame. Plus the mesh bow adds tons of texture. It's both rustic AND elegant!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, Sara! Beautifully rustic, with textures that bring all kinds of autumn activities to mind. Fantastic design! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous rustic card with lots of wonderful techniques and ideas as always Sara. Thanks for sharing all the crackle at A Vintage Journey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB Fall card! Love that pumpkin and center die cut. That mesh is really cool too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I just love the rustic look of your creation! What a beauty! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Thankful for Nature’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just stunning Sara Emily! I absolutely love crazing and the pumpkin and the lazy paper gold covered nails! SUPERB! It's pumpkin-tastic! Thanks for joining us for the "What a Mesh" challenge over at Frilly & Funkie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - what a stunning card! Love all the textures you've achieved on this & the colours are fab.
    Thanks for joining us this month over at Creative Artiste. Hope to see you again - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev (DT) xx
    PS this would be a good entry over at Crafty Calendar challenge - Autumn Colours. http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab! Hello.... Sorry been missing in action.... Life got busy! Hope all ok with you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. An amazing card! I am so honored to have a version of this to love and admire (and inspect much closer than I ever get to do through your blog). You are the master of adding texture and dimension and this card is no exception. I love every detail and adore that fab steal of a pumpkin stamp! So cool! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful fall card, so many wonderful things to look at
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes Die challenge
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sara, this is so beautiful! Love all the gorgeous layers and textures you've created! I'm so happy you've joined our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another brilliant card Sara, LOVE the idea of the mesh ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful autumnal celebration. Lovely texture in the background and then the beautiful mesh ribbon mixed with the pretty leaves all to create a feast for the eyes. I am glad to see you joining in again on the Frilly and Funkie challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card Sara Emily! Your daughter must be the envie of the dorm! Who else gets such gorgeous mail! Heehee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning, Sara Emily!! The crackle is perfection!! I love the textures and the fabulous pumpkin!! The mesh ribbon is so beautiful!! Love, love this my friend!! I know your daughter will adore it!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sara Emily,
    This is stunning! Love the elegance and wonderful rustic feel to it.
    Thank you for joining Scrapy Land Challenge!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous !
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge blog and Good Luck !
    Maryvonne – DT member

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had to laugh at the too lazy for the brads! I adore this card because of all the glorious texture and of course you Sara-fied the entire design with so many wonderful textures. I bow to thee! The pumpkin inside the gorgeous frame is a stamp?! Looks like a good one to me. L better save all of these wonderful creations and have you autograph everything. Hehe! I bet she enjoys every item you make for her. Fantabulous and fun Fall theme for this card. Awesome sauce dearie! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a lovely fall card Sara Emily! love all the fibers and textures - beautiful crackle on the pumpkin image - thanks for joining us in the AVJ crackle challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the textures you've achieved on this & the colours are fantastic... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great tag. The details are so lovely.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love the rustic look of this - fabulous earthy colour tones and then that pale, delicately crackled frame - a treat! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!! There's so much detail on here and I love the colour scheme. The crackle looks amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! This is just fantastic! Love everything on it, you did amazing job :) Thank You for playing along with HLS mixed media challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.