Saturday, November 26, 2016

12 Tags of 2016-November

Welcome! Here I am as the last few days of November melt into December, finally getting my November tag done and posted for Tim's 12 Tags of 2016-November Technique Remix. Truth be told, I hadn't even looked at his challenge until yesterday, because I had so many other things occupying my mind. Too late for Thanksgiving, I decided to go with a Christmas theme.



Here's Tim's Autumn tag--those colors are amazing, aren't they? I was really inspired by the rustic look to Tim's tag, so my wheels started spinning. Tim's tutorial made these techniques so easy to replicate.


The background was easy as (pumpkin) pie, and this technique is a great way to use up all those little bits of Remnant Rubs left behind. I just had to take a photo before I covered up this gorgeous resist/water color tag.  I used Evergreen Bough and Tarnished Brass sprays, and the metallic spray dries quickly on the Remnant Rubs.  I think it adds some interest, but in the end, it's mostly covered. 


 You can see from the photo below that I had a little trouble with the gilded rubs when I put them back in the package from an earlier project. I could have cried! But waste not, want not, I added the fall-out to this tag.


I have been itching to purchase the Scribble Woodland stamp set ever since my good blog buddie and enabler Autumn of  'Sew, Paper, Paint' introduced that buck here. Well, I finally got it, and it's been sitting there staring me in the face for several weeks. It was almost a reverent moment when I finally removed the buck from it's package at 1:30 am this morning, releasing it for inspiration.


Having water colored the buck with a water pen and  the Distress markers shown below, I got to work fussy cutting it and then black card for a shadow. Tim, may I suggest a die to go with this little guy?


I thought I needed some wood in there somewhere, so I backed JOY with some textured paper I had in my stash and added some glitz to balance it all out. Is anyone else relieved when they put their alphanumeric set away? I always am, because I have 2 playful kitties that love to watch them drop onto the floor.


I chose a snippet of Linen Ribbon and an Enameled Tag for my topper, which I toned down with Distress crayon-Vintage Photo. Some greens from my old (favorite) and nearly worn out Holiday Greens Decorative Strip die and some black holly leaves from my newer, but almost worn out (ha, ha!) Christmas Mixed Media Thinlit die. This has fast become my favorite die, so it is getting a lot of use! I have just ordered the Holiday Greens Thinlits die, and I can't wait to use it!



Here's a few more shots of the complete tag--one of my favorites for 2016! Thank you so much, Tim, for the awesome inspiration!



The sun came out for a second on this grey, rainy day, so I had to get a photo in the natural light.


I was into rustic deer way before they became popular. Perhaps you can tell by the dust on one of the pair of hand carved wooden deer flanking the entry to my breakfast room. My husband wants to get rid of these so bad!


The Distress products I used.


I am sharing my buck with:
-Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016-November
-Happy Little Stampers November Christmas Challenge-Watercolor-Oh, how I've been waiting to participate in this challenge!
-Happy Little Stampers November Anything Goes With Dies Challenge I used Tim's Alphanumeric and Christmas Mixed Media Thinlits dies and Holiday Greens Decorative Strip die.
-Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Christmas to Die For (Please see line above for list of dies used.)
-Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Trio Tastic I used a trio of a trio of stars! One on enameled tag, two on Joy panel. I also used a trio of greens on the topper.
-Southern Ridge Trading Company-Christmas
-Noor! Designs Challenge #24-Winter
-Word Art Wednesday Challenge Weeks #258-259-Anything Goes
-Time Out Challenge#71-Christmas With an Optional Twist of Glitter/Shimmer
-Dies R Us Challenge #61-Tags...Tags...Tags

Thank you for your visit and comments today! I read and appreciate each and every one!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily
UPDATE: Yippee!

22 comments:

  1. My jaw hit the floor when I saw your remix! AAAAH! I wish I had thought of this, but so glad to see it in your true and inspiring style. I love love love it and am over the moon inspired. Gorgeous and so glad you got your hands on it, sweetie. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go on your SSS spotlight with this beauty! Your tag is tremendous and really deserving of being in the spotlight. Congrats!!! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh no, don't get rid of them, they are very 'in' at the moment! The deer stamp really is fabulous and you have used it beautifully, love the colours in your background too - this is a fabulous take on Tim's tag!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag, Sara. And always love your blog posts - maybe some day I'll get out of my introversion and have a little more fun with my posts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is AWESOME! What a fabulous tag! Great job! So inspiring! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘TAGS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is absolutely amazing!! I love your take on Tim's tag!! The colors are gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! And I love the deer head!! Beautiful tag my friend!! I still don't have mine done and I'm running out of time!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am eagerly awaiting my Scribble woodland stamps, especially after you made such an inspirational tag using them. I love the subtleties of the colors, not really traditional Christmas, but still very wintry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Masterpiece! I adore your tag, colors are superb , design absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon SAys Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tag and I love all the gorgeous details!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your background is wonderful and love that deer. Awesome take!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great tag, Sara Emily, and your background is fabulous! Those gilded rub-ons can be tricky, for sure, but they look awesome on your tag. You did a great job on the deer head with the color and all of the fussy cutting for that and the shadow background - wow! I also love the deer head on your breakfast door - too cute! I have to say, the more I see someone use this stamp set, the more I love it and want it. So inspiring, Sara Emily!! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw Sara - this is wonderful - I love what you have done - I still need to do mine - running very late - need to do it tomorrow!!! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooh my, Sara, your version is fabulous! What a spectacular rub-on resist background you have created! That stamps set is definitely on my wish list now because I am so inspired by your stunning tag, my friend! You used my favourite colors here and the design is simply marvelous! Love, love, love your take on Tim's tag! Lots of love to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very "Bucksome" tag sweet lady! Every where I look I see more and more Buck -- where oh were did all the Does go I wonder!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an exceptional card with fabulous inking. Thank you for joining our Word Art Wednesday Challenge. There's still plenty of time to link more projects. God bless you and leaving you some encouraging verses from the Bible found in Romans 8:38-39 which tells us, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic tag! I love to see how is all came together. Truly a work of art!!! Thanks for taking "Time Out" to play our Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW I just LUV this and great request on the die too. LOL!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Noor! Design UK and hope to see you back next month! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Fabulous tag! Love that amazing background!! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab remix!! I wish you showed the steps, cuz I love this!!
    Wow! What a cool wooden deer head! tell hubbie it is too cool to remove! heeheee
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. And another stunner! Wow what eyecandy on your blog. So inspirative and impressive. Thank you for joining us at Noor! Design UK challenges. We hope to see you again next round.
    Hugs, Karina
    DT Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way to go Sara!!! Great job...❤

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Another amazing mixed media tag. Love love love it! Thank You for playing along with HLS Anything Goes with Dies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.