Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Grungy Tag

 


Hello! I'm so happy you stopped by! I have a super grungy tag to share with you today for Teri's Industrial Grunge challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog. I was in my happy place making this and got to use up a lot of leftover bits and pieces from my 'grungy bits' box. 


I started with a black tag and embossed it with Mechanics 3D embossing folder. I smeared it with Prima's Metallique Rich Copper, Charcoal Black and Patina Green Matte Waxes. I embossed with Emerald Creek's  Hammered Metal and Chunky Rust and Patina Oxide Baked Texture powders using smears of Prima Matallique Light Patina Paint to hold the powders in place.  Finally I dripped with rust paint. These colors and powders were also used in various combinations along with Pitch Black Impasto paint on Tim Holtz gear, Scroll and Seth Apter die cuts.


The gentleman's photo from the Found Relatives pack got lots of  age and grungy goodness from Distress Crazing and crayons and some watery rust paint. 

A Crochet die cut piece and other paper bits were in my stash, unused leftovers from previous projects. The tag was actually recycled from a grungy project I made years ago. That's a recycled button from an old shirt on there and there's a piece of an old shoe string tying it off.



An altered wooden gear and a twist of recycled rusty wire finish off my fun tag. It was a good time getting grubby and dirty with paper and paint instead of in the garden for a change.




I'm happy to share with these challenges;


Thanks so much! Sara Emily

7 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh, Sara!!!
    This is FANTASTIC!!!!
    The shoestring caught me off guard- never thought of those actually- it’s a touch of male in there & it’s perfect!
    I just got the same pack of Found Relatives & am going to use this one for sure; he’s grungy gentleman material!!
    Your entries are always appreciated at TFJB Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool. LOVE the grungy gears! Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all that! The layers individually are little masterpieces! Fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Tag! Love all the textures! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy industrial grunge Sara! I love it. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Challenge. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! All that grunge looks fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning grungy tag! I love how you added all the texture, it has a lovely industrial vibe 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.