Thursday, April 7, 2022

Spring is in the Air

 


Hello! Yay! Spring has finally sprung! The flower garden is really filling in with perennials, and the birds are chasing each other around. Who doesn't love the rich green and bright colors of springtime?! To mark the season, I've made a brightly colored simple card to share with some of my favorite challenges.


I stamped the background with some old stamps from my stash on water color paper. Spritz the paper with water, ink the stamp and watch the pretty watery effects.


I had some hot pink sprayed scraps in my stash, and cut a Wildflower Stem #2 and a Funky Floral #3 from them. I sprayed a second water color paper scrap with Twisted Citron Distress Spray Stain. I cut the Wildflower Stems ( also #2) from the center of the card and used the rest as a mat. 


At the center of my brilliant inky garden is the Specimen butterfly heat embossed on vellum and fussy cut. I glued the body down and the tips of the gently shaped wings.


I hope it's bright, sunny and warm in your neck of the woods! Hugs! Sara Emily

I'm happy to share with these challenges:





12 comments:

  1. I love that blurred effect of the background stamping! Very pretty card Sara, and perfect for our Country View Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS this is gorgeous! I want to try this subtle flower background with dies on top too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makes always catch my eye before I even see the name/title, and this one really pops! No; no warmth yet here, but the green is persisting & daffodils are blooming. Your card takes me outside without stepping foot out the door! And I pinched the butterfly because I thought it was REAL at first; the emboss on the vellum is something I’ll need to try!
    As always: you know The Funkie Junkie Boutique loves having your art entries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a bright and cheerful card - love it! You captured spring so beautifully with those gorgeous colours, it's full of happiness too 😁. Happy wishes and thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges, it's always a pleasure to see you there! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our April "Spring" challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love the big bold butterfly and the flowers in the background. Great color scheme. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! Janna FJDT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background and fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty layers on this masterpiece! love the soft background with the flowers die cut and layered and finishing it off with the vellum butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors and I love how you did the background! Thanks for joining the Funkie Junkie challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors, especially the green! Thanks for joining The Funkie Junkie Boutiques Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.