Tuesday, March 8, 2022

She Was a Lucky Woman

 


Hello! It's been a while since I've been able to play with my craft supplies, but I really wanted to play along in the Mixed Media challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog, since my crafty love is mixed media. Laura says to create "a mixed media piece about or for someone or something you love". I made this tag to celebrate "us" on St. Patrick's day, including some green for the challenge at Simon Says Stamp. The colors remind me of the season's changing colors from dull browns with pops of rich greens as the trees unfurl their new leaves.


Tim Holtz' clock stencil and crackle paste (love!) add texture to the background. I removed the stencil and when the paste is dry, added color with watery paint: Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  I replaced the stencil and applied Resist spray. When that was dry, I added the green: Mowed Lawn Oxide spray and Rustic Wilderness spray stain. The paper doll (I love Tim's paper dolls) is colored with these same green colors in inks. The ribbon was tied onto the little gift pack Linda includes in her orders, and I just added some gold paint to it.


Splotches of metallic gold/silver are added with Aged Taupe embossing enamel. I just swipe a bit of liquid from the embossing dabber with my finger on the tag/clover and sprinkle with the powder and heat.


The shamrocks are cut and embossed with Lucky Love Impresslit from paper colored with a combination of Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness inks, sprays and Oxide spray, then edged with Vintage Photo ink. I altered part of a Halloween Quote Chip with Rustic Wilderness embossing glaze and a bit of the embossing enamel and paired it with a Clippings Sticker to tell the story.

That's all for me today! It was fun to finally create again, and I'm happy to share the outcome with you and these challenges:    

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog For the Love of Mixed Media   
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Add Some Green                                                                            Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Add A Die Cut                                                                                             



5 comments:

  1. Sara, Sara, Sara... :)
    Not only is your post PERFECT, but you -more than anyone else- know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE that TH crackly goodness!!! It's probably one of my most FAVE looks (& is SOOOO FUN to do)!
    We are switched Crafty Sisters as you've done my present 'job' for a long time, so you know exactly what to do to catch the attention: and this Tag is SCRUMPTIOUS !!! You're always on the same wavelength with me!
    It's so GOOD to see you back with us over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge "For the Love of Mixed Media"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so much beautiful textures and layering! Love this image and how you framed it out! Thanks for joining us in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge and sharing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sara! =) mixed media goodness for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing piece Sara, from crackle to composition the greens that you have included look so organic and real. Love that four leaf clover. As my (nearly) DIL's birthday falls on St. Patricks day this is a creation that just may inspire me for next year. Amazing and tactile. I do so adore it. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that texture, and the shamrocks make it perfection! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.