Thursday, April 2, 2015

Layered Easter Card

Good morning! Easter is just a few days away, and I'm finally finishing my cards.  I made this one for my sister and brother in law using lots of Tim Holtz products and  in the style of Tim.



For my background, I used Ranger's glossy paper, alcohol inks and Distress ink and Distressing tool to finish the edges.  I embossed the inked background with Tim's Honeycomb Texture Fade and swiped on some metallic rubs over the raised areas.

I cut 3 tags from Tim's Tiny Tags Bigz die from scrap paper, inked with Tumbled Glass Distress ink, gave it some tiny droplets using Tim's Spritz and Flick technique (not visible in the shots, I'm afraid), and stamped with Tim's Mini blueprints stamps in Archival ink.  I used a Remnant Rub on one of them for my sentiment and to give it balance.  I used a Distress marker to color the word blocks.  I inked the edges in Distress ink.




I stamped a second set of the same blueprints on Tim's water color paper, and colored them with Distress markers and inks and Tim's water brush. When dry I spritzed with Perfect Pearl mist.  I cut the images out, edged with more DI, and popped them up off the tags with foam tape. I added some fibers to the tags and attached them to the background with foam tape.



What a simple, fun card to make! Lot's of Tim's products and lot's of Tim influence on it! Thank you for stopping by today, and leaving all your wonderful comments!  I read and appreciate them all!  Eventually, I respond to each one; I'm a little behind right now, with all the crafting and gardening I've been doing! Hugs and wishes for a Blessed Easter!

Sara Emily

I would like to enter this into the following inspirational challenges:

A Vintage Journey "Anything Tim"
Artful Times Challenge 77 "In the Style of Tim Holtz"
Crafty Boots Challenges "Easter"
Sweet Stamps Challenge # 215 "Hippity Hop"
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Pastels"

40 comments:

  1. This is so much fun Sara Emily! I love the blueprint stamps you used and layering them up like that gives the card extra dimension! Fabulous background, that glossy paper is amazing! Well done my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamellia, thank you for an amazing and very generous compliment! I love these stamps, but this is the first time I've used them...they tend to be forgotten. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Easter card!! Such great use of those stamps, love it!! Great idea to pop up the stamps like that, makes them look so dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astrid, I really appreciate your visit and your most generous praise! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. The blueprint stamps look wonderful on this little tags! Lovely Easter card and such a great design! Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter card is awesome, Sara! I love those blueprint stamps and how you colored them! Such a clever idea to pop up the stamps! Fabulous glossy background!
    Hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Branka! I'm happy you like my cute card! :) Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Fab card, I love your tags with all of the blueprint details. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh duh! I am mesmerized by that delicious background and metallic shimmer! Squirrel! This card is just eastertastic! Loves it! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punkin, you really had me laughing out loud with the squirrel comment! My daughter says that all the time! Also, I've checked Webster's and I can't find that eastertastic word! Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Too cute Sara! Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I love how you have used each image on a tag. Super colours too. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisette! Great challenge at Crafty Boots! I hope I can join in again!

      Delete
  9. Hi Sara!! Darling Easter card!! And look at you go--getting in all kinds of fun Tim creations for A Vintage Journey!! You go girl!!
    Now, on to something a bit more important--You won my AVJ Blog Candy Give-away! I tried to contact you through google, but I'm not sure I'm using the google stuff correctly :) Email me at aintthatartsyfartsy@hotmail.com and I'll get your particulars so I can mail your goodies to you :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shari! Guess what came today! And an awesome Shari tag, too! Yippee! Made my month, Shari!

      Delete
  10. What a lovely gorgeous Easter card, I love those blueprints and the honeycomb background is super splendid. Hope you have a lovely Easter Sara, huge hugs my friend, Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Georgie! Aside from falling in the woodpile while I was hunting for Easter eggs, it was a great day! I hope your Easter was happy and blessed! Hugs!

      Delete
  11. Great cards Sara and Happy Easter to you and your family. Nikki xx (PS let me know when your parcel arrives!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Nikki, for all of your support. And you know my brown paper package tied up in string arrived! Hugs!

      Delete
  12. What a lovely card. I would have been delighted to receive something like that this Easter and I am sure your Sister and bil just loved it.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sara, just wanted to check in with you. Can you email me please. thanks hun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sara - so beautiful! Lovely lovely work! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments are very much appreciated and your praise is generous!

      Delete
  15. Beautiful card, and a great use for Tim's stamps. Love the background as well. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice Easter card and great job on the coloring and layout. Thanks for joining the SweetStamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card for Easter! I love the Tim's style you perfectly followed !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card with lovely watercolouring of the images and such pretty spring colours.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.