Saturday, July 3, 2021

Celebrate Freedom

 


Welcome friends! Well, I haven't quite got it going on in the making department yet, but I couldn't let 4th of July pass without at least one crafty make. I made this just for me, because I thought these boys might be sitting watching fireworks and celebrating their freedom. Hopefully, we'll be sitting in our usual spot tomorrow night watching the fireworks. I really missed them last year. How will you be celebrating 4th of July?


I started with a failed background I had in my stash. I think I was attempting a monoprint with paint using the stars stencil. Who knows? This only had blues on it, but I added some Fired Brick. I had one silver metallic kraft stock 3D embossed Starburst in my stash, so I thought it would be fun to pull in some red and blue, too. Each one was smudged with Prima Old White wax. That is God's gift to crafting in my humble opinion. Leaves a sparkle on the starbursts without all the glare.



Aren't those boys adorable? I gave the boy in the middle some red converse sneakers with the help of Fired Brick Embossing Glaze and a blue tee shirt with Speckled Egg. Just a little pass with steel wool takes off the nasty shine. All the boy's blue jeans were colored with Chipped Sapphire Crayon.

I had a silver kraft stock stars Impresslit laying around, and I patted the stars with Picket Fence paint. When dry, I smudged the whole thing with Fired Brick Crayon. A couple strips of some old Design Tape and a pair of Small Talk stickers finish it off. There was a little stamping on the background where I apparently cleaned off a stamp, so I added a little bit more of a shadow with Walnut Stain Crayon.


I had a strip of foam core out on the desk which was just perfect to pop this group up a little bit.


Happy 4th of July! I may be back tomorrow with a few tags I was playing with, if I can figure out what to do with them.

Sharing:





5 comments:

  1. Hi Sara Emily Happy 4th of July.. what a celebration this card creation is. Each creative mistake always sits in wait for a new possibility and you have used that background to the max, those dear boys are enjoying it, full of smiles for the evening fireworks. The foam really helps them stand proud to celebrate independence.
    Take care & may your day be full of sunshine Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th, enjoy all the fireworks and festivities in your town. Love all the Impresslits...great make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love this so much Sara Emily! You have really captured the feeling of an old fashioned 4th of July celebration here! Happy Independence Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, after all that blabbing I just did on your tags, here we go again. This is super my friend! I love how you used this die as fireworks. So creative! What a great vintage vibe this exudes! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! The boys are perfect here and love the starburst!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.