Thursday, March 18, 2021

Recycling ATCs




Hello! I have two opening photos today, because I was torn between the two.  I just couldn't get the exposure right on the second one, although I liked the composition better than the first. Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge is to recycle something. Just about everything used here could be considered trash by ordinary people, but we know we are not ordinary. Wink, wink!

First, I show the items I recycled before they were used and then I'll share some closeups of each of the ATCs.


I went through some old backgrounds and chose one to recycle. This one is really old, and I can't remember how it came together, and can't begin to guess what I used. I do think the circles are embossed, but I can't figure out what I used to stamp them.  Wish I could. Even though the panel is quite atrocious, I saw it's potential as a pair of ATCs. I found the Wildflower Stems die cut and another flower die cut, as well as the little flower made from sequins and a pin fastener on my work top and the Radiant portions in my box of assorted die cuts. I altered the sequin flower, but ended up not using it or the pin.




The junk mail envelope was used to cut additional Radiant die cuts with to add subtle contrast to the lighter colored ones. After using the last sheet on a little note pad, I saved the cardboard backing to add some heft to my ATCs. I cut the backs off some old notecards and trimmed them to back each ATC. Cardboard and white card were adhered to the back, but not shown in photos.



 Here's the panel to show the after...I will save those extra bits for another project. 


The background brought to mind a galaxy, and those Radiant die cut pieces sealed the deal. I just needed to add a second smaller Radiant cut from a scrap of silver Metallic Kraft Stock.  I touched the spines with Prima black Matte Wax and brushed on Squeezed Lemonade Oxide Spray straight from the bottle. I also added the oxide to the tips of the white Radiant die cut pieces.


A few old Remnant Rubs were added in opposing corners, and I sanded this one so it blended in. I colored a couple of Mirrored Stars with alcohol ink and splattered the background with more of the Squeezed Lemonade.


A Quote Sticker tells the story. Love those mirrored stars! Now, here's the more 'down to earth' ATC.


Those little circles reminded me of bubbles filled with sunshine, so I used a paintbrush to add Squeezed Lemonade to them and a wash over one corner before adding the die cuts. I love this combination of blue and yellow.


Remnant Rubs, Quote Stickers and a gumdrop colored with Squeezed Lemonade spray oxide and black Matte Wax finish this card off. Each of the cards and all Quote Stickers are edged in Matte Wax to serve as a frame. That's all for me today! I have so many things to recycle; I hope to get to play along another time with some more of my trash stash. I have a few more things out on my work top under consideration. Have a great weekend! Hugs! Sara Emily

13 comments:

  1. So beautifully recycled! The background and elements that you added look amazing - love it 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges too! Take care and wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ATCs are fantastic! And so many recycled items. I love the colors and textures. You are the winner of our Recycle challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. Congratulations!! Please send an email to the challenge email address (you can find it in the sidebar of the blog) and be sure to include your full name so that we can get the voucher to you. Thank you so much for joining us!! And have fun shopping!! / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw that you had won at Simon Recycle Challenge. Wonderful artsy looking ATCs created with lots of texture & more.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely make Sara - the flower silhouette is beautiful - love your backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic re-make of recycled items, Sara Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Betnano giriş adresi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.