Thursday, March 11, 2021

Enjoy Today



Hello! I hope you've had a good week and are getting to enjoy some spring like weather where you are! Simon Says Stamp's Monday and Wednesday challenges are all about the green, so I thought I would harness some of this awesome weather we are having here in a spring all purpose card and play along.


To make the background, I inked one side of the Swirls 3D Texture Fade by Tim Holtz and spritzed lightly with water before embossing. This transferred the ink to the water color panel, leaving the raised portions mostly clean. After drying, I blended with Mustard Seed and Wild Honey inks. I dried and blended the raised portions with Distress Microglaze. Then I blended the panel one more time--this time with Cracked Pistachio. The edges are blended with Walnut Stain Ink. I sewed (yes, I sewed!) two panels of Kraft Stock together to serve as a mat.

I used Botanical and Field Notes Layers/ephemera for my focal and added some leaves die cut from a scrap inked with green inks/oxides with the Brushstroke Flowers #1 Thinlits die set. I stamped a label from Field Notes stamps onto a Circles Stacked Tiles Thinlits die cut to tuck in behind the flowers. An old Chit Chat sticker serves as my sentiment and provides visual balance to the butterfly. 

I hope this card brings a little sunshine into your day! Have a nice weekend! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Use Something Green/Add Some Green

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday A Bit O’ Green

3 comments:

  1. It's certainly brought sunshine to me Sara Emily, green us such an uplifting colour takes me outdoors to wide open spaces and lots of fresh air. Beautiful background, I do love that 3D swirl folder and layered so lovingly with all that ephemera what a beauty it is. Some creations make me want to go create things and this sure is one of them... Stunning.
    Take care & stay safe Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I so enjoyed finding out how you created the background, I'll have to give that a try 😀. The colours and the way that you layered the ephemera look amazing - I love it! Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooh! Thank you so much for sharing how you achieved these amazing, swirled colors in the dry embossed background, Sara! Oh so gorgeous! Not sure how, but my email subscription to your posts was dropped, so I've resubscribed. wishing you a beautiful day! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.