Thursday, September 5, 2019

Christmas Shaker Card With Tim Holtz Christmas Ribbon Thinlits

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Christmas Ribbon Shaker Card 1

Hello friends! This is my first of two posts today; you can see my altered storage box here. It won't be long before hurricane Dorian comes knocking on our door, so I wanted to get a card made for this week's challenge, 'Something Clear' at Simon Says Stamp. At first my mind went right to Transparent Texture Paste, but I've really been wanting to try my hand at a shaker card. So here's my first ever shaker card...

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Christmas Ribbon Shaker Card 2

While they aren't terribly difficult to construct, you do need to have a decently sized aperture. I'm afraid mine might be too small to get the full effect one might get from a larger opening. Oh well.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Christmas Ribbon Shaker Card 3

 I used several of the papers from Tim Holtz' last year's Christmas paper stash, including the snowflake printed acetate. I die cut Tim's Christmas Ribbon out of white card trimmed to the size I wanted, and stamped and clear embossed three different Mini Swirly Snowflakes. I blended this panel with Tumbled Glass ink and splattered with Picket Fence paint.

I inked the Merry Christmas die cut with Black Soot Distress ink and also clear embossed. After adhering the acetate panel, I adhered the Merry Christmas die cut, inlaying it into the negative space. I assembled my shaker and backed with a red snowflake panel from the paper stash and then again on the words panel. Finally, this was adhered to a white card blank. I decided to add the bow that also is part of the Ribbons die set and cut it out of card I colored with Fired Brick paint, Oxide spray and Black Soot ink.

Here are a few close ups to show the detail. I just may make more shaker cards...they're kind of fun!

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Christmas Ribbon Shaker Card 4

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Christmas Ribbon Shaker Card 5

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Christmas Ribbon Shaker Card 6

Thank you for your visit today. Sending prayers to all those folks who were in the path of the hurricane--may your recovery be swift. May you be kept out of harms way if it has not yet reached your area. Hugs and blessings, Sara Emily

Challenge shares:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Something Clear
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Stamp It I stamped the snowflakes.
Scrapy Land Challenge #121 Anything Goes  I used 1 Sizzix Die set.
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #453 I went with the optional theme: something beginning with the letter S--snow, of course!
The Artistic Stamper September's Creative Challenge - Black and White This is my interpretation, some black, some white and a bit of color.

7 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous Sara x I love the colour and the pop of red in the centre xx Keep safe xx

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Sara Emily, I'm praying for you and I hope that you aren't affected by Dorian. Your shaker card is so gorgeous!! I love how you created the opening for the shaker!! The red paper just pops!! The design is gorgeous and the red bow is a perfect touch!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapy Land!! Stay safe my friend. Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are safe from Hurricane Dorian. Will keep you in my prayers. What a wonderful Christmas card, Sara Emily! Love the shaker element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card,I love that it is a shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and is so striking. Love the effect and the gorgeous colouring! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea to have a piece of the background paper showing through the sentiment. Thank you for joining in at CHNC with Anything Goes Challenge and optional twist of something begininng with S. Apologies for the late comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Path of Exile 3.17 extension will be available in early February. Come to POECurrency.com to Buy POE Currency for the new league!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.