Saturday, September 28, 2019

Blessed

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/09/blessed.htmlMixed Media Autumn Card Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Pressed Foliage 1

Hi friends! Happy Saturday! I have a really quick post of a card I made for my sister and designed especially with Simon Says Stamp's Stitch It challenge in mind.

My card features one of the new Tim Holtz Pressed Foliage stamps and my never before used Tim Holtz Stitched Layering Stencil, as well as his Stitched Rectangles Thinlits die.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/09/blessed.htmlMixed Media Autumn Card Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Pressed Foliage  2

I love these leaves, and this one is so impressive, it doesn't need much else when used on a card. I inked the leaf  stamp with Ground Espresso Distress Archival and colored the image with Scattered Straw and Bundled Sage Distress Oxide inks. To make the stitching stand out on the rectangle, I applied Walnut Stain Distress marker to the stitches on the die before die cutting.

The stitches on the kraft background panel are made with the stencil and Ranger Opaque Texture Paste mixed with a drop of  Distress Antique Linen re-inker.

The sentiment is an old Chit Chat sticker applied to a scrap of waste packaging and 'sewed'  around it with a simple stitches stamp (BoBunny)  and Ground Espresso Archival.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/09/blessed.htmlMixed Media Autumn Card Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Pressed Foliage  3

How do you like that? 'Sew' easy! And I didn't even need to get out my sewing machine! Now I need to make one for my other sister. My sisters met up for a visit with our Mom in Florida last week, and each of them left (more than) a little surprise in our hotel room when my husband and I joined them. These cards are a token of appreciation for their thoughtfulness. And THANK YOU for your visit today; it means so much to me! Hugs! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Sara Emily~ love how it looks machined stitched yet is not. Very elegant, classy card! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sara! I love the leaf stamp and the faux stitching! Love the interest and texture created by the bit of the twine wrapped around the card .. looks fabulous!! So pleased you joined our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creation, I love the added texture paste stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks anything but quick Sara, it is absolutely stunning, you have brought that beautiful leaf to life with your beautiful colouring and I love your faux stitching! A truly beautiful way to say thank you! Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so warm and welcoming, Sara Emily! It just makes me feel cozy to look at it. Your stamping is so gorgeous, and your clever use of dies is really inspiring. I just love the color palette and the bow! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and love the earthy, autumny colours! Love the stencilled stitches too...really pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Sara Emily! The leaf looks fantastic. Thanks for your so sweet comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. Life hasn't been too great lately so your kind words lift my spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card! I love the way that you incorporated the “stitching” it really is a wonderful touch! ~Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card...love all the details you added.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card - the stitching details are great and provide a great frame to draw the eye in to that gorgeous leaf stamp. Love the colourful splatters too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a nice card, it has a very serene feel to it--a little bit of country comfort so-to-speak!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly beautiful card! How great that you all got together! Hoping to find some more time to visit soon! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.