Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Tim Holtz Merry Christmas Card With Alcohol Lift Technique and Music & Advert


Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 1

Hello! I finally had a chance to break out my Christmas goodies and get started on some Christmas cards. Thankfully, Tim Holtz shared some of his Holiday Hacks, so the rest of my holiday crafting might go a little faster.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 2

When I purchased Tim Holtz Music & Advert stamps, I immediately saw this being used with Tim's Alcohol Lift Ink. I used Tim's white Yupo paper and my alcohol ink colors are listed below.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 3

I used my lifted image on Distress watercolor cardstock, which I then colored with Distress Oxides --Festive Berries, Iced Spruce and Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo Distress ink. I die cut it with Mixed Media Christmas Thinlits.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 4

I love the Winter Watercolor stamps Tim released this season. I inked the smallest of the poinsettias in Festive Berries oxide, spritzed the stamp with water and made a several impressions. I fussy cut them, shaped and layered them up. The centers were inked with Crushed Olive, and I scribbled the edges with Tarnished Brass Distress Crayon.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 5

I love the new faces in the Christmas Paper Dolls pack, even though I still have plenty left from last year's pack. These two children look like they're dressed up to do some Christmas shopping at the toy store, perhaps followed by a visit to Santa.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 6

I used Holiday Greens, Mini and Funky Festive colored with Distress inks and oxides in greens. My seam binding ribbon is colored with Festive Berries oxide ink, Vintage Photo ink and Tarnished Brass Distress Mica Spray.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 7

An Ideaology Christmas Adornment stands in for a Christmas greeting. I patted it with Picket Fence Distress paint, let it dry a minute and wiped it off with a paper towel. I scribbled it with Tarnished Brass crayon. In real life it's so shimmery!

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/11/tim-holtz-merry-christmas-card-with.html Merry Christmas Card with Alcohol Lift Music & Advert Winter Watercolor 8

So that's the start of my Christmas crafting! I hope you'll stop back tomorrow when I will be sharing a Christmas gift using more of Tim's wonderful products. How are you coming along with your Christmas to do list?

Happy Crafting!
Sara Emily

The following Tim Holtz products were used and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

8 comments:

  1. Wonderfully made card, Sara Emily! I love the poinsettia and greens cluster. Love that Christmas advert stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card! I just love all the details you include in your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The alcohol lift technique works beautifully for your background and the poinsettia is gorgeous... love this Sara! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara these are FABULOUS colors! Love your layers, and the splash of red for the poinsettia! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to play with my lift pad! Ugh! I so love this amazing background you created and the use of this text stamp. Your embellishing is amazing on this card and makes me feel so festive! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh fabulous, I must have a go at that technique. Your card is delightful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lift ink text stamping - looks so amazing. I still haven't had a chance to play with the lifting, but you're definitely inspiring me.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so amazing!! I love the lift technique you used!! The red poinsettia looks so gorgeous!! Beautiful, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.