Thursday, October 30, 2014

Faith

Here is a card I made for my sister to let her know how grateful I am for her.  She has had many health issues in the last several years, and she has fought them with her faith in God. My frequent cards to her remind her that her life if precious to me. I included the simple sentiment "Faith" (Serendipity Stamps/Archival Jet Black ink)on the front to remind her to keep the faith. I kept it simple due to the busy nature of the background.





I started with water color paper base which I swiped with texture paste in a thin skim coat, covering the entire surface. I spritzed the dry paper with Dylusions orange ink spray. I patted TCW's forest stencil with Forest Moss and Gathered Twigs Distress Mini inks and spritzed lightly with water. I placed the dried spritzed watercolor paper face down on the inked stencil and rolled  it with  my brayer to transfer the forest image.  I  loaded a sweet tiny leaves and an acorn stamp by Flonzcraft with Distress inks and markers and Gelatos (misted with water) and randomly stamped the image all over the background. I could never make this background again if I tried. I love it, and it reminds me of the birch forest behind our childhood home.

The leaves were  die cut with Tim's Movers and Shapers Leaves  (Freshly ordered from the Funkie Junkie!) from paper which I used to mop up excess stain puddled on craft sheet from another project. I spritzed  them with Tattered Angels leather and Perfect Pearl mist gold. I swiped Vintage Photo stain on edges.  When dry, I  creased the leaves between my fingers and swiped the raised areas with Vintage Photo ink to make veins The orange leaf is dry embossed (Tim's Thankful Texture Fade) dry wall tape layered with various sprays and inks left over from my Thanksgiving banner for my Guest Designer project. It was creased and inked the same as the other two. I used rolled paper toweling under the leaves to pop them up as well as dimension glue dots so they would stay popped up going through the mail. (Here's a trick I've picked up: pass your filled envelope through slot in your Fiskars straight edge cutting tool.  If it fits you only need one postage stamp.)





I think the texture really shows up in the following photo.


I hope you like it! Please stop by on Halloween evening.  I hope to have some photos of my completed Halloween yard display for you!  Weather is not cooperating today-raining! Thank you for all your much loved comments!  I read and appreciate everyone of them, and always try to visit you, as well!

 I would like to enter this in the following wonderful challenges:
Frilly and Funkie "A Grateful Welcome" Sorry no invitations here!  We won't be hosting Thanksgiving dinner!  Already made my centerpiece! So chose to make a thank you card.
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #18 "Layer It" I've layered texture paste, ink, Gelatos,  and sprays on my background and then layered on some leaves!
Inspiration Journal "In Disguise" (Plain Jane sketch paper is disguised as leaves)
Country View Challenges "Sparkle and Shine" I hope you can see the sparkle of the gold Gelatos on the background and the Gold PP spray mist on the leaves.
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog October Challenge "Memories" My memory invoked by this is the woods behind our childhood home--I'm hoping my sister gets it!


26 comments:

  1. Lovely card and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, love the layering of the leaves. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card and what it represents Sara. Such a beautiful autumnal background which, as you say, needed little else with it to look outstanding. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your sister will love it. You've created a beautiful background and layers. It all came together so pretty. We've already had out Thanksgiving in Canada so I won't show up! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.

    Cheers
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I have surely enjoyed visiting your blog over and over again this Halloween season!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! What a gorgeous make! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I do enjoy your style, Astrid, and you have inspired me much more than you will know!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful background you created - and your leaves look totally real!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! You are very sweet to comment on my leaves. I like them, too, and trying to recreate that paper is so impossible! Mop ups from the craft mat always make the best backgrounds, and TRYING to make the background never turns out as well--TRYING right now for another project...we'll see how real these look! I really appreciate all your visits and comments on my blog! Sara Emily

      Delete
  7. Fabulous card Sara, the background is gorgeous! I'm sure your sister will treasure it. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I'm so happy to read your very nice compliment! Sara Emily

      Delete
  8. Just a beautiful creation. Love thos gorgeous leaves! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I'm happy you like the leaves! We are just starting to get some color here in So. Eastern NC!

      Delete
  9. I'm always thrilled to visit your lovely blog! Your creations have so much heart and thought in them. This one is gorgeous with those graceful trees in the background and the simple sentiment....just fabulous! You have a wonderful eye for design, and I so enjoy your work. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, You always say the nicest things! I'm so happy for your Contributing Designer appointment with Canvas Corp! So great to hear about your news! Woo Hoo, hug, hug!

      Delete
  10. Sara, your sister is going to LOVE this gorgeous autumn masterpiece! The simplicity translates to an elegant creation that keeps me going back to look again and again. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. What a great compliment coming from such a talented lady!

      Delete
  11. It brings joy to my heart to hear that your sister is leaning so hard on her faith. Hugs to her! This is very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Gloria! I hope she can see all the details in it, too! Her sight is not so good. And, yes, I am happy she does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sara! Stunning card! Love the leaves, so beautiful! The background is amazing!
    You've been doing really well lately! Big thumbs up! ;) Hugs,
    Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ingrid, for visiting and for your sweet and encouraging comment! I hope you are feeling back to your old self!

      Delete
  14. Such beautiful texture and love the soothing autumn leaves
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet of you to visit and to leave such a lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.