Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Coffin Treat Boxes

Hello, again!  Thank you for hanging in there with all my long posts.  While I have a few photos to share with you here, I promise to make this short and sweet!

I had a few paper mache coffins that I have altered using designer paper, handmade paper, die cuts, stamps/inks, fibers/ribbon, stickers and LOTS of Perfect Paper Adhesive (I should own stock in this company!).  I will not do a step by step because my daughter needs the computer to do her homework--yes, we live in the stone-age and share a computer here!  I will make relevant comments along the way.




Goosebumps on the side and bottom.

A little bit of netting under the medallion.

The bottom of this coffin is actually a greyish color, pictured below.  I love this fiber on the edge of the lid--it gives it that coffiny look!


Spider web is heat embossed over woodgrain stamped and distressed paper.


This fiber reminded me of spider webs.

This fiber reminded me of the silk coming from a spinning spider.


Credits to (If there is no credit, suffice it to say, it came from my stash of yardsale finds!) Stamps:  Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Odds and Ends and Trick or Treat, All Nite Media Woodgrain.  Inks/liquids: Perfect Paper Adhesive, Goosebumps by Tsukineko and Distress Inks.

I would be honored to enter this into the following challenges staffed with the finest talented design teams ever:
Frilly and Funkie "A Haunting Halloween Challenge" (This is my Frilly side!)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Falling in Love With..." ( Anything "Halloween" is my love!)
Eileen Hulls Art With Heart Challenge October "Tricks and Treats" (Treat Boxes!)
Artist Trading Post Exchange "Anything Mixed Media Goes" (A great new challenge blog for the Mixed Media Artist!)

Please be sure to visit each of these challenge blogs--they have some awesome inspiration, and have some very generous prizes for a lucky winner!

Thank you so much for your visit and for leaving all your lovely comments!  I try to respond to each and every one!

18 comments:

  1. This is your frilly side! HAHA, gotta love it! Great coffins Sara, I just love your attention to detail, although I think my favourite bit is the quilled pumpkin head, so creative and the look is perfect for Halloween! Such a wonderful idea! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Pamellia. I appreciate your kind words! Can't wait to see what you've been up to! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Once again a fabulous alteration of your coffin boxes. Love the details you incorporated. Thank you for sharing another of your fab makes at ATP
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a creative project! All the details are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another really clever idea for Halloween Sara! You're on a roll. Love the quilled pumpkin face on the medallion. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic treat boxes Sara. Wonderful texture. Great piece. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic treat boxes , love the rosettes and your fantastic pumpkin. Thanks so much for joining in the Eileen Hull Art with Heart Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are great too!! I like the rosettes on the coffins. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you are so sweet! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  8. Love your treat box! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Art with Heart Challenge~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.