Thursday, May 19, 2022

Enjoy Today


Hey, again! Wow, two posts within a week! I saw the challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog is Reuse and Upcycle, and that's my thing! And Simon Says Stamp encourages us to use texture on our makes, so I have that going on, too on the card I made for my Mom's birthday.


I save every little scrap I make, even after I've die cut from it or if it's a sample I've made to try out different mediums and substrates. A couple months ago, I purged boxes of it, but I have a little saved in one little shoe box.



My mom loves purple, so I pulled all the purple things out of my bits box which wasn't much, but I found a nice mis-stamped panel which I trimmed down and some dyed tissue paper scraps and a small card that I had mopped up some blue/green/yellow inks with. I have a drawer full of white/neutral scraps that I always dip into my leftover ink puddles. I have a little box of die cut and stamped butterflies that I raided and found the crinoline butterfly and a butterfly cut from clear waste packaging.


The butterfly is colored with Perfect Pearls over matte medium and wrapped with an old spring. The threads were on my worktop from dyed Mummy Cloth from my last project. I started to throw them out when I was cleaning up, but decided at the last minute they may come in handy.




The only 'new' thing on my card is the Metallic Quote. I was really pleased to see the perfectly placed word Celebrate on the poorly stamped purple background panel--serendipity! I just blended the trimmed stamped panel with Salvaged Patina ink.


This card took no time at all, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out considering it was made  almost 100% with stuff that would have gone into the trash (if you weren't me).


I'm sharing with these challenges:









 

4 comments:

  1. Sara, you’ve done it again with all those gorgeous colors!!
    I can’t believe those re “scraps” as mine always look like the mistakes they are, lol!! I do save some extra leftover TH Kraft Classic Stock paper & am notorious for hanging on to the tiniest pieces… jic. If I toss that out, I am sure to need exactly that color.
    I think I need to work o ok n embracing my mistakes cause yours came together for this BEAUTIFUL piece!!!!
    Thanks for hanging around with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! The colors are so pretty and I love the butterfly too. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I keep all my bits too! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft and Pretty! Love the beautiful colors! Thanks for playing along with us Sara Emily! Always delighted when you join us in the challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.