Sunday, October 24, 2021

Shake Well

 Hello and welcome! Most people who have been regular visitors to my blog know that I love Halloween! My daughter shares my love of this creepy, kooky, freaking spooky season so I decided to make her a special Halloween card to keep her 'spirits' up until she can visit Halloween weekend.

My husband pulled some tags off a new gym bag yesterday, and I saved them, thinking they might come in handy. I used one of them as my base for this shaker card. I covered each side with Tim Holtz prior year's Halloween paper stash. I fussy cut a moon from some old designer paper I found in my stash. You might catch a glimpse of that old spooky moon in the photo above. I added a gate die cut (Tim Holtz Gate Keeper) to complete the background scene. I cut a panel of Kraft Core card to fit the front and die cut a window (Tim Holtz Stacked Archway), sanded it and adhered vellum to the inside. 

A bat from  Bat Crazy flies around out front, but if you look closely, you can see some bats (Tim Holtz Haunted House and Gate Keeper) flying around in the foggy background along with some spooky sequins.

I used a label, a jack-o-lantern fussy cut from a card and this Shake Well piece from one of Tim's previous year's Halloween ephemera packs. The label is colored with Ground Espresso ink and I added a Halloween Remnant Rub. The creepy girl is from a Halloween Paper Dolls pack, and she is colored with Seedless Preserves and Picket Fence crayons and Ground Espresso ink. I used Ground Espresso and Seedless Preserves on the Shake Well tag.

Initially I wrapped design tape around the edges to hide the foam between the layers, but I didn't like how it looked. I ended up covering it with died cheese cloth.

The number index clips are from my stash and colored with Black Soot paint and White Gold Metallic Wax by Prima. Here's a look at the back, where I splashed some watery inks and wrote a quick message.


I hope you are enjoying crafting something for Halloween or perhaps getting a start on your Thanksgiving or Christmas card making! Either way, happy crafting!  

Sara Emily


9 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh, I LOVE THIS!!!
    It’s freaky, silly, & spooky all at once!!
    The use of the vellum was a very genius move to make that inside look like London’s fog creeping in. I’m going to remember that for future haunts!!
    CONGRATULATIONS for the GD spot!!!
    You miss it!!! Lol!
    I’ll be watching for it!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Thank you so much for your contribution to my 'Autumnal Colours and/or Halloween' Challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, this is awesome!! (As always!) I love seeing your great makes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOO!!! That's incredible. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous Halloween card! Loving your shaker design, it looks so spooky - eek 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew i'd find some Halloween goodness if I tried to find you in blogland.. You certainly made great use of those salvaged tags, making a shaker card was an amazing idea and how the gates peep through the haze of the vellum is such a clever addition. All beautifully embellished in the most ghoulish way, you Daughter will have surely loved this Sara Emily.
    Incredible design so glad I trawled to find you my Reading list has gone rather crazy since they changed it's set up. Hope you and your are keeping well??
    Halloween Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic shaker card! Love the details on the pumpkin. Frightfully fantastic! Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spooktacular! Love that you made a shaker card and upcycled the tags! Very spooky! I am very happy that you are joining us again in The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness what a fabulous card Sara Emily! The way you've added that shaker element makes it look for all the world as though the girl is wandering out of the mist. It reminds me so much of the film 'The Others' and the inside is as delicious as the outside. I bet your daughter will be thrilled to receive it. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.