Thursday, June 17, 2021

Thankful With Folk Flowers



Hello again, friends! I know it's crazy that I should have two posts in a week after such a long absence. After loosening up my creative muscles a bit with my last card making session (thanks to Autumn's inspiration), I couldn't help but use one of my more recent purchases from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Inspired by Anita Houston's shaker card, I had to add Tim Holtz Folk Flowers die to my crafty stash, and this is it's first time out. I'm working on another that I started using this same die in a completely different way, so stay tuned.

Contrasting with my simple cards in my last post, this one was a bit more time consuming with all the little bits. To make it easier, I started with a background from my stash. To see how I made the Faux metallic background for the die cut, please visit The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog's  Saturday Showcase for a tutorial. This was a fun technique I discovered when I felt more inspired to play. The technique is improved with the die cutting, in my opinion.


I die cut a couple more Folk Flowers from white and silver Metallic Kraft and used some of the bits to fill in random flowers and some of the flower center dots to add even more movement to the background. This is such a happy die cut! I fussy cut a few of the flowers from the die cut to tuck in here and there.

I cut some more flowers and foliage from two older Tim Holtz sets--Funky Foliage and and Large Funky Floral for the arrangement, popped a few of the leaves up with foam dots and tucked in some old black mesh for contrast.


The panel is layered over bright yellow card and matted on black card and a textured metallic panel. A Big Chat sticker is edged in Mustard Seed ink for a simple sentiment on this busy card. I'm so thankful you popped in for a look! Happy crafting to you! Sara Emily


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Loving those bright colours and all the die cuts - amazing 😁. I hope you're having a lovely week! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.