Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Sorry I'm Late...



Welcome! Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge theme is 'Let’s Be On Time' which inspired me to make this masculine card with my husband as the central character with a snarky comment which sounds like it might be on his mind. He's a good southern man, and words like these would never actually leave his mouth, but I sometimes wonder why he's always late. Perhaps because he just didn't want to be there?


Now, that's not actually not my husband, but a Tim Holtz paper doll from the 2020 Christmas pack that never even saw a Christmas make this year. This dude could pass for my sweetheart, though, back before he would never leave for the office (late, of course) without a tie. The good ole' days.




Because the theme's all about time, I thought I would otherwise dig deep into my stash to prepare this card. That's a very old background from my stash of backgrounds using an old favorite Tim Holtz stencil and a cool old monoprint technique I did what seemed like a lifetime ago. This seemed like the right time to put it to use. Old Remnant Rubs, old Design Tape to give my man something to stand on and to round out the card and some really old REAL clock parts made to look older with a splash of Smolder and Mushroom alcohol inks make for a good time in the Closet.


That's all for me today! I hope you have a safe, crafty week! 
Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

7 comments:

  1. As we would say at our house, "oo that's cold!", lol! So funny, but so cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! Loving the background with the clocks, browns and blues and the snarky comment really made me smile ...lol 😉. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I enjoy using all kinds of stamps, and play in the challenges. I too used Tim Holtz products for my card for SSW. It was just what I thought would be a change of the normal challenge. .
    I'm now a follower of your blog and sure hope you will follow mine as well. have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Xox
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant masculine card Sara. Love the colours and the fabulous background. The snarky sayings certainly made me smile!! Love this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome masculine card, love the blue & brown combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed the commentary, Sara, lol. Bless his heart! heehee I shouldn't talk, I'm the late one in my marriage, I tell my Honey he will be early to his own funeral. Ha! It's a fab mixed media piece from you as usual. Love the blues and your background. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.