Sunday, June 7, 2020

My Butterfly Collection

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2020/06/my-butterfly-collection.html Mixed Media AT Coins 1

Hello friends! I had a little opportunity to play in the Closet last night, and I had some fun making some Artist Trading Coins. I love this little form of creative expression that allows me to create something really special in a very short period of time.


I started with some mop up papers from previous projects and added some stamping and stenciling to these to create some backgrounds for my coins. I punched un-stamped portions for the backs of the coins (not pictured).


I use the leftover waste from a previous AT coin project to find just the right spot on my papers. Viewed as a mop up, these papers aren't much to look at, but by focusing on the good, I made some pretty cool backgrounds. Next, I found the perfect specimens in Field Notes Ephemera pack and some Clippings Stickers that fit the bill. Lastly, after adhering my elements to the backgrounds, I created shadows with Distress Crayon and a water brush.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2020/06/my-butterfly-collection.html Mixed Media AT Coins 2

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2020/06/my-butterfly-collection.html Mixed Media AT Coins 3

I was hoping to show off the shimmer from the Antiqued Bronze Distress paint on the background above, but I guess that's only reserved for those that look around for the light.* But if you look to the next photo, you can see the camera is cooperating when I don't really try to focus on the shimmer.

*"The light that is God is the opposite of the darkness that is evil. The light of God is His holiness, righteousness, and goodness, which is in contrast to the darkness of evil and sin. Light is part of the essence of God. He is completely, unreservedly, absolutely holy, with no sin, no taint of iniquity, and no hint of injustice." From Compelling Truth.org 

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2020/06/my-butterfly-collection.html Mixed Media AT Coins 4

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2020/06/my-butterfly-collection.html Mixed Media AT Coins 5

I love blending ink through a stencil (Halftone) and then flipping it to get the reverse imagery.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2020/06/my-butterfly-collection.html Mixed Media AT Coins 6

I really felt this one needed no words. It's a bit melancholy and dark, but I prefer to look for the light. How about you? Are you looking for the light? Blessings, Sara Emily

 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:13-14 New International Version (NIV)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Masculine I think my darker ones are masculine: I don't think butterflies care about gender.
Creative Artiste Challenge #61
Country View Challenges June 2020 - Summer Fields The bright orange/yellow one only with it's abstract summer garden in the background.
We Love 2 Create at Polkadoodles Challenge #6- Anything Goes Mixed Media

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Those are truly amazing!!! Love those gorgeous backgrounds you made!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! These ATCs are gorgeous Sara. Amazing backgrounds, especially considering that they are made from mop ups, Your quotes are beautiful, and so true, and I do adore the butterflies. Stunning creations!! Hope you are keeping safe and well. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. Love the background on these coins. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love your butterfly collection of ATCs! The backgrounds look amazing and the butterflies and words look so beautiful - perfect 😁. Take care and wishing you a lovely new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creation! Thanks for the scripture a promise we need to lean on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, you really did pick some good parts for your backgrounds, they are wonderful, I just love the colour tones. The butterflies are the perfect size, not too much to cover those lovely backgrounds. Hope you are keeping safe and well. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara Emily, these are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love the quote and scripture you've included in your post!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful set of ATCs. The earthy colours are perfect for the pretty butterflies and that's a great technique to create the dimension.
    Thank you for joining in with our June challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful coins, Sara Emily. Love how you paired them with the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous coins. Love all your designs & the backgrounds are brilliant. Many thanks for joining us at We Love to Create Mixed Media with Polkadoodles this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.