Friday, November 8, 2019

'Tis the Season Tim HOltz Christmas Blueprint Coffee Lovers Card

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Sizzix Christmas Card 1

I had to make one Christmas coffee card for the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Fall/Winter Blog Hop, and I only had a very short time to get it done. I was thinking about this all day at work and couldn't wait to get home to squeeze this one in before the challenge closed.

Because winter has arrived overnight in our parts, I decided to make a snowy Christmas card. I used two stamps I've never used before and a die set that's only been used once to make this cute little CAS Christmas card.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Sizzix Christmas Card 2

I embossed the Flurries stamp with white powder and blended the background with Tumbled Glass oxide. There were a couple of mysterious yellowish splotches, so I splashed it with Scattered Straw oxide to make it look like it was intentional. lol! And you can see there's a little shadow the snowman casts, too--that's a smudge of  Black Soot ink. An Occasions Small Talk sticker works for a quick seasonal sentiment.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Sizzix Christmas Card 3

 The snowman is inked in Black Soot Archival and colored with more Tumbled Glass. I removed his top hat and gave him a Santa hat from the Festive Things. I just used a scrap of white card and colored it with Candied Apple ink, as is his scarf, berries, and coffee cup medallion. Pine Needles ink seemed fitting for the sleeve and holly leaves and Frayed Burlap ink for the cup itself. I added dimension to the coffee cup and Santa hat.

So I guess that's it for my coffee cards for this hop! It sure was fun making! I hope you have a great weekend! Hugs! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

17 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love the hat and how you gave it depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Sara - love how you did his hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its super cute!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute and adorable. I love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is just the cutest snowman ever! And, all snuggly warm with his coffee, Santa Hat and scarf...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cute snowman and the fabulous background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sara, this just made me smile so much!! This is so fabulous, a snowman with a coffee and a woolly hat - just so very funny.... I LOVE it!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cocoa drinking snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, Sara Emily! Love that the snowman is holding a coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable little fella :) Love that stamp. Thank you for entering our challenge over at Scrapy Land :) Alina DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! The snowy background is perfect for this fun snowman, I love his 3D hat 😁. Happy Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun project! Nicely done! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Scrapy Land Challenges. I can’t wait to see what you create next!.

    Judy
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    Scrapy Land Challenges
    http://www.scrapyland-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet and simple - this is a lovely wintry card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou for joining in the hand stamped challenge at CVC. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.