Monday, October 21, 2019

In Sympathy

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Sympathy Card Tim Holtz 3D Botanical Wildflowers #2 (1)

Sympathy cards can be some of the hardest to make, but my husband asked that I make one this evening to send to one of his cousins. I find it's always best to keep them simple.

I used Botanical 3D embossing on the frame, inking the folder with Victorian Velvet Oxide on the side with the black print. Before inserting my water color panel into the folder, I spritzed with water to allow the inks to oxidize. After it dried, I blended lightly with Frayed Burlap ink.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Sympathy Card Tim Holtz 3D Botanical Wildflowers #2 (2)

I cut the panel with Stitched Ovals die and backed this with a panel I gently blended with Frayed Burlap ink. I spritzed it with a little water and blotted with a clean towel. I used Big Cheesecloth background stamp by Tammy Tutterow, also inked in Frayed Burlap. My Stampendous sentiment is stamped in Forest Moss then Versamark inks using my stamp platform and clear embossed.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com Sympathy Card Tim Holtz 3D Botanical Wildflowers #2 (3)

The die cut flower is from Wildflowers #2 set and colored with Victorian Velvet Oxide and various green inks and markers.

It's a very simple card, but I hope it brings her some comfort after loosing her brother.

Thank you for stopping by and wishing you a good start to the week. I'll be back Wednesday to share my Design Team project for The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. I hope you can join me! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

9 comments:

  1. I like this card very much. It simply does not need more to it.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning card Sara, the embossed layer is so, so beautiful in those colours and I love the cheesecloth look of the background layer. A perfect card which should give great comfort to the receiver. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are hard for me as well, but you nailed it with this beautiful one! That embossing folder adds an touch of elegance (one of my all-time favorites), and I love the cheesecloth stamp too! Absolutely gorgeous -- as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card! I love how you inked the embossing folder with the pink oxide and the single flower stem looks so elegant too 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge again! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look how pretty - the cheesecloth stamping looks like linen and the flower stem is utterly lovely. I think you're so right about keeping sympathy cards simple, and though this is anything but simple in its level of care and detail, the overall effect is gentle and soothing. I'm sure it will bring some solace.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Sara Emily! I'm sure it will be appreciated. I want to thank you for your encouraging words on my blog post. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really very Gorgeous! What a lovely Sympathy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning background. Love the color combo and the whole layout!
    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Scrapy Land Challenge :) Hugs, Alina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.