Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Another Wild (Flower) Birthday Card


Hello, again! I have another quick birthday card for you; this one is going to my mother in law who loves blue. Not a lot of frills or layers, because it needs to be light and flat for posting from my home mailbox.

 I have a bit of an obsession with Wildflower Stems Thinlits die cuts, so I'll apologize for how many times I've used them recently. And my apologies for blowing up your computers and phones with my posts. I've had to be off my feet for a couple days, so I've had some time to craft and blog. I'm like a kid in a candy store!


 I've been hoarding the background for well over a year. I had the pleasure of meeting up with Autumn and some of her talented friends in Columbia, SC for Stamp Convention, and her friend allowed us to use her newly purchased Glorious Bouquet stamp. It's heat embossed in white, and all that was left was to add oxide inks in blues. A Metallic Quotations sticker on white card acts as my birthday greeting.


I wanted the Wildflower and Tim's old Daisy Punch flower to stand out against the subtle background so I colored them with deeper blue and more concentrated oxides. I used Platinum Liquid Pearls for the punched flower's center. The embellishment panel was backed with a piece of graph paper colored with oxide inks. I hope she likes her birthday card! 

After I posted this and the card is already in the mail, I 'wished' I had added some black splatters. Haste makes waste! (Next time.)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I've really appreciated all your lovely comments on my recent posts, and will try my best to repay the visit in a more timely manner than I have been. Hugs and Blessings! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Add Something Metallic I used Platinum Liquid Pearls and a Metallic Quotation sticker.

These products were used and available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

10 comments:

  1. This is so stunning, Sara Emily!! I absolutely love the gorgeous background!! It's stunning!! I love seeing you use the stems!! They look so amazing!! Your MIL will adore this!! I hope all is well, my friend. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sara! The background you've created is so pretty & I love the shades of blue.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card, Sara Emily! I must say, I too love Tim's Wildflower dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card, Sara! I love that pretty background and those lovely wildflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to apologise, the Wildflower is stunning and I love seeing it used, please do carry on! This card is gorgeous. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! A super card and I love that background! I must use my flowers more!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The obsession with the Wildflowers is a worldwide one, they really are stunning. A very pretty card and well matched background, perfect for flat posting. We too have to watch how we embellish as the postage gets a little silly over here with even the sniff of a raised area. Your Mother in Law will adore it.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background reminds me of sunlight on a beautiful swimming pool... I'd like to dive in! Very pretty card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.