Saturday, May 31, 2014

Another card, and more gray hair as I try to blog about it!  This one is a little bit brighter, and I hope I am, too!

I am entering this in the challenge here: Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Artsy Stamp and here: Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes . Also sending it to Make Your Mark Challenge at Addicted to Stamps since I would like to make my mark in the world of blogging about my passion.

For the background I used Dylusions Ink sprays  (Fresh Lime and Vibrant Turquise) dripped on craft mat and spritzed with water. I dragged Adirondack glossy card stock through the puddle and dried it. To add depth,  I used a blending tool with Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress inks and the following stencils:  Tim Holtz Burlap and Dylusions Dots and Alphabet.  I over-stamped with Dylusions Round the Edge leaf stamps (around the edge), and painted  them with  water brushes filled with Dylusions Bubblegum Pink and Fresh Lime.  I stamped Ranunculus by Stampendous twice--on the background and also on watercolor paper. I painted all flower heads with  the waterbrush with Bubblegum Pink ink spray, and cut out the ones on watercolor paper, which I  popped off the background using varied thicknesses of pop-ups.  Painted ranunculus leaves with Pesto Dylusions Ink spray.  Stamped butterfly from Inkadinkado's Meadow set and sentiment from Fiskars For the Birds set. All stamping done with Archival Jet Black ink.



I tried to show the varying depths of the flower heads in second photo.  This is my daughter's favorite card!

3 comments:

  1. WOW in capital letters! This card is gorgeous! I am drooling (in a good way) over this vibrant color palette. I love how the flowers pop and the background is just amazing. I really like how you used so many "watery" supplies to give it that ethereal blended look. It really does have such a wonderful sense of layers and depth. You have great attention to detail with all of the hand painting you did on this card and the idea to stamp the image twice worked out beautifully! This card made me smile and think of happy summer days ahead. Thanks for the inspiration and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of our challenge!! LOVE the end result! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Sara! I love those pretty, popped-up roses. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.