Thursday, June 15, 2023

Sixteen



Hello, again! Prompted by a couple challenges on Tim Holtz Addicts Facebook group, I am trying to 
#maketimetomake, and here we are again to share my results of playtime with Distress inks/oxides following Tim's video. I love my Distress inks, and my oxides for that matter, but I'm not sure I've ever made a background like Tim demonstrates before. I challenged myself to try the same technique using a variety of papers. For this background, I used Bristo board. I wasn't thrilled with the results, but it is a background, and is mostly covered up.

Since this is a Father's Day card for my husband, I chose this manly man from the pack of portrait paper dolls and stacked him up with some of Tim's ephemera, a scrap from my stash torn in two and used the stars Impresslit for the first time in a very, very long time. Of course, my husband deserves a GOLD star! 

The very cool dude was colored with Distress crayons and scuffed with steel wool. The very back layer is kraft stock embossed with Woven Texture Fade and sanded.

There's still some of these metal-ish Ideaology stars in my stash. I painted one with Lost Shadow, then crayoned with Crackling Campfire and Walnut Stain.


Hopefully, I'll get a chance to use the other backgrounds I made and share some more makes. In the meantime, I'd like to share this with Simon Says Stamp Monday where the challenge is Masculine. He's a pretty tough guy, so I'd say this qualifies. Thanks for stopping by!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.