Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Haunted Shaker Cards

 Hello again! Surprise--second post in one week! I'm slowly stretching my creative muscles again, having taken quite a bit of time off from making due to real life circumstances. My daughter liked her card so much she asked me to make a couple for the twin boys she occasionally baby sits for. I chose to make these a bit less ghoulie, more giggly, since they are still young.

Here's a closeup of each of the shakers. They are made pretty much in the same way as my daughter's card, starting with those rescued tags from my husband's gym bag, covered front and back with paper from my stash.



This time I did some stamping in Archival Black Soot ink. The spider web is from Tim Holtz Tangled Webs set and the tree is from Mr. Bones set. Die cut church and house are from Ghost Town. The full moon is fussy cut from the same piece of paper I used for my daughter's card.  

I used the cut off pieces of the gate from my daughter's shaker card.  The bat on the church scene is from Bat Crazy and the Crescent Moon is from the Haunted House Thinlits set. 

I chose paper from Abandoned Paper Stash and cut windows with Stacked Baroque and Stacked Archway Thinlits. Spider and Web die cuts are from the Spider Web set. Die cut bats used as shaker filler are from Haunted House and Gate Keeper sets. I used Halloween Small Talk Stickers and pumpkins fussy cut from Tim's old Halloween ephemera pack. They remind me of my terra cotta pumpkins in my garden (shown below).

That's all for me! I took a break from making my usual Halloween altered birdhouse this season, as my display is full. Please take a peek at passed year's makes shown below...I've included links to each below each photo, so you can enjoy the details if you would like. Until next time, Happy Haunting!

I'm sharing my shakers with The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog in their Grunge, Ghouls or Giggles challenge.

A Little Glimpse of Our Haunted House

An Altered Birdhouse

It's Halloween

Spooky Graveyard

Haunted Mansion

5 comments:

  1. Of course I freaking love the 2 shaker cards!!! And your Haunted bird houses, wow, just freaking wow!!!! I especially love that graveyard and Haunted Manson!!!!!you can send them to me if you need mor room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and there's even more. So glad your Daughter loved her card, i'm not surprised she asked you to make more for the twins. I really love the frosty haze of the vellum, it gives such a great effect. Each so individual, fabulous and unique. Looking back on all your amazing Halloween creations makes me so happy, you really do embrace the season whole heartedly. You are so talented Sara Emily.
    The house grounds look suitably dressed.
    Wishing you the best of Halloween take care Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many amazing makes - love it! So pleased to hear your daughter loved her card so much, I'm sure the twin boys will love them too 😀. Happy Halloween and wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of shaker cards! Love the haunted house die cuts. Beautiful makes! Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely perfect! I love how you've taken the original design and made it work really well for the twins with that extra pop of colour from the frame. Your creative muscles are definitely nice and warm now :) Thank you for sharing them with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.