Monday, June 21, 2021

Somewhat Snarky

 

Hello friends! This mixed media card pretty much sums up my creative process in how it came together and quite frankly just how life in general is right now. I was having a play with new to me Folk Flowers Thinlits die and created a panel by using just the inserts (waste) on a piece of medium weight card stock. This was just an experiment, and I didn't use my 'good' cardstock, but I had so much time invested in gluing all those little bits, I felt I needed to use it. Everything else on the card are literally leftovers I had sitting on my worktop except for the Transparent Wings. It can be so much fun to create with just what you have in front of you. You can see another card I made with this die, and some of the bits used here were left over from that play.


This really wasn't as difficult as you might think, although it was time consuming. For the most part, the little pieces stayed in the card. I just used a toothpick to apply collage medium to the bits a little at a time, flipped the die cut over on the plain card and poked them out onto the card with the toothpick and with my pokey tool for the really tiny pieces. I repeated this until I had the entire die cut done.


I really love how the background turned out. After adhering all those little waste bits from the die cut, I gave it a coat of Distress Collage Medium Matte and allowed it to harden a few minutes. Then I gave it a few sprays with Gathered Twigs Oxide spray and wiped with a clean cloth leaving behind just enough color. I blended Walnut Stain Crayon around the edges, adhered to bright yellow card and did some really bad wonky stitching.  


I had the little stars cut from a play with the Funkie Cactus die set that Linda was so generous to give me from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. It's a great die set and still in stock in her shop. The Prima Design Tape butterflies and pieces of Collage Wrap were an afterthought--it just needed something. Now that is really winging it!

My lady was fussy cut from one of the Group Paper Dolls; her 'better half' was used on this tag. I colored her shoes with Crackling Campfire Embossing Glaze and an Embossing Pen. Love those red shoes. Here's a bit of red shoe trivia--our southern town has old local ordinance which states it is unlawful to walk down a certain street in red shoes!

That's it for me today! I see we have a hurricane warning (joy, joy!), so I better get this posted before the inevitable loss of power. 

I would like to share this in the  Snarky, Sassy, and Silly Summer Fun challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog and the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday We Can See Clearly. Thanks for stopping by! Hugs! Sara Emily

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Love the wining it! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara I absolutely love everything about this, from the yummy texture of the background, to the quote, to the wings!!!! I definitely wouldn't have the patience to glue all those tiny bits, but it looks amazing! Ps. Thanks for joining my challenge on tfjd !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, this project is fantastic! I love all the textures in it and the transparent wings add a little tough of magic. Thanks for joining the TJHD challenge.
    ~Janna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card! Wow, what an amazing background you created with the die - I bet that took some time to create 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Sara Emily! I love the sentiment and that is exactly how it feels a lot of the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic to have you playing along with us again Sara Emily! I adore that subtle background and the way you've picked out little bits in yellow. And the rub ons distressing is such a clever idea, as is putting the glossy accents on her shoes. Thank you for playing along with this challenge and joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.