Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Happy Mother's Day!

 

Hello and Happy Mother's Day to all those hard working, dedicated Mom's out there! I made this card for my husband's Mom to let her know she is loved and appreciated. My card features Ideaology Botanical Layers over a background created with Tim Holtz Bouquet Thinlits.


The background is die cut from water color paper, and for the most part was able to keep all the little pieces in and adhered it with Distress Collage Medium Matte to another card. I just reinserted those pieces that fell out. I gave it all a coat of gesso and allowed it to dry. I squeezed out a couple drops of Broken China and Mustard Seed paints onto my mat and mixed them with hand sanitizer and used my finger to paint the background. The hand sanitizer makes the paint glide on smoothly and dries super quick. 

All of the layers were edged with Frayed Burlap Oxide, and then I made a little watery puddle of the Frayed Burlap and dipped the pieces in to give them a bit more of an aged look. You can see I added a little Mustard Seed from the background to the large rose.



I stitched around the outside edge and adhered the layers. I had to make this a flat card for ease in mailing. I used my splatter brush and Distress Tarnished Brass paint to add foxing to the card. You can see a bit of the metallic shimmer by tipping the card to the light, but otherwise it looks like brown spots!



I adhered the panel to two old releases of Tim Holtz Paper Stash and to a card blank. So there's my version of a CAS card! I hope you enjoy your week and have a lovely Mother's Day if you are celebrating! Sara Emily

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful card! Loving your background and how you arranged the ephemera, stunning 😀. Take care and wishing you a lovely Friday and weekend! Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sara Emily! It's a bit late but hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.