Wednesday, April 28, 2021

If You're Feeling Blue...


Hello friends!  I wanted to make my daughter a graduation card, since her college is finally going to have a  graduation ceremony this weekend for last year's graduating class.  I have nothing in my crafty arsenal for graduations, so I needed to improvise. Since she will be a psychological counselor after finishing her Masters next year, I thought I would make a little play on her profession with my quote. I've had this set of quote stamps for years and have never opened them. I cut the stamp in two, so I could place half the quote at top and the other at the bottom. I don't think she'll be handing out this advice in her office, but it's really good advice, don't you think?


I stamped the quote on a scrap in Archival ink and a couple Glitch 1 stamps with regular Distress, both Faded Jeans. I  added some drips and splats as I was inking other parts of the card. The pink splashes and drips are Oxide spray.


I stamped the circle from Glitch 1 on another scrap and painted in one of the areas with Oxide spray. I love the grid stamp from the set and inked it in Chipped Sapphire, splashing with a little water for some inky washes. Finally, I used the Plus stencil and texture paste to add texture, and when it was dry, replaced the stencil and inked with Faded Jeans.


This Baseboard Doll's dress was colored with Embossing Dabber/Pen and Embossing Glaze, and after heating, rubbed with steel wool to remove the shine. Her cheeks, hair piece and tights are colored with markers. The heart on her dress didn't look too good, so I applied an old Remnant Rub over it and while they were out, added some here and there. Everything is edged with Hickory Smoke ink.

That's all for me! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

Tim Holtz products used:

Distress ink - Archival Faded Jeans, Faded Jeans, Hickory Smoke, Chipped Sapphire

Distress Oxide Ink - Faded Jeans

Distress Oxide Spray - Kitsch Flamingo

Distress Embossing Glaze - Kitsch Flamingo

Distress Marker - Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar

Glitch 1 Stamps

Plus Layering Stencil

Baseboard Dolls

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter! What a unique and memorable card for her! I have those sentiments too, caught my eye right away. And I agree, it's great advice. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I bet your daughter loved it with the wording that you used 😀. Many congratulations on her graduation, such a wonderful accomplishment, you just be so proud! Sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter! The card and sentiment are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.