Friday, June 28, 2019

Celebrate Freedom

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 1

Hello and welcome! It's almost Fourth of July, so I'm sharing a mixed media panel today featuring lots of Tim Holtz products that work so effortlessly together. 

I was really in the mood for some grunge, and I started with a corrugated cardboard packaging panel. I removed strips of the paper and laid down a zillion different products including Distress Opaque Crackle Paste and Grit Paste, colored with Distress Sprays which looked horrible. I also added texture paste and textured it with a texture tool, hoping to get some stripes for my background.  I ended up painting it with Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint and splattering with gesso and tried my best to hide it with the collage. I adhered this to white card and then to old sanded Distress Kraft Core.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 2

These women from the newest Found Relatives pack seem to be in a celebratory mood, proudly displaying Old Glory. I gave them some color with Distress Crayons- Chipped Sapphire and Festive Berries. I layered them with  a couple of Pocket Cards. I added Correspondence Design Tape to one of the cards and grunged up the cards with Distress ink.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 3

I've always thought this Wildflower from the Wildflower Stems #2 set looks like fireworks. What's 4th of July without some fireworks?  Two were cut from white card and the third from Metallic Kraft Stock colored with Smolder Alcohol Pearls, and I added Stickles to the buds.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 4

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 5

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 6

 Faded Jeans Stickles needed some more zing, so I added Celestial Alcohol Pearls over top. Mercury Glass has enough sparkle on it's own.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 7

I cut a Rosette from old Tim Holtz Christmas paper stash, and at the center is a Fluted Star colored with Smolder and Celestial Alcohol Pearls and Chipped Sapphire crayon. The lace is one of the Crochet Thinlits.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 8

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 9

A couple of Small Talk Occasions stickers and Alphanumeric Label letters make a patriotic statement. I cut 'July' from Metallic Kraft Stock sanded and colored with Smolder Alcohol Pearls. I  adhered it with Distress Collage Medium Matte onto a scrap of card I decorated with stars using a Mini Stencil (set 38) and Chipped Sapphire Oxide ink. A Hardware Head tops a Number Token colored with alcohol ink and backed with white card.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/06/celebrate-freedom.html Celebrate Freedom Mixed Media Panel 10

Wishing all my American friends a safe and happy Fourth of July! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:
Bleeding Art June Challenge - Add Cardboard I used card board as my base; see second paragraph.

The following products were used and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

Distress Paint - Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot
Distress Oxide - Chipped Sapphire, Pumice Stone
Distress ink - Black Soot, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone

16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Sara Emily!! It's so perfect to celebrate the 4th!! All of the details are amazing!! I love that you've used the wildflowers for fireworks - they totally look like them!! I actually thought they were until I read the post!! Stunning project as always, my friend!! And thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 4th July celebration! The wildflowers look fabulous and light up the design just like sparklers would with the pretty dots of glittery Stickles - perfect 😀. Happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project, Sara Emily! Love those wildflower/fireworks! Last 4th, I lifted the tag you made because I loved it so much. I may have to do it again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project. Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art this Month.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picking my jaw up off the floor - this is amazing!! One of your best! The scrumptious details, the layers, and those "fireworks" - beyond clever! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever to use those flowers for fireworks, they look fantastic! I know I should not have favourites but this is my favourite 4th July creation this year so far, those ladies just look SO very proud and the grungy red, white and blue look fabulous. Love, love this Sara! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excellent in every way...pinned. Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great panel and gorgeous texture. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely celebration panel. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous collaging - a brilliant collection of TH goodies beautifully composed. Love the touch of light the crocheted trim brings, and the perfect vintage styling.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful project and the thing that hit me the most is that the two woman reminded me of my grandmothers, same type of clothes and hair style. Love all your details and texture, a lovely piece of art.Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful design with fabulous layering and gorgeous wildflower fireworks. Love it. Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing card, love all the details.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a beautiful card!!!! All the layers and details are just fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looove this panel...so fabulous! Again...love the retro, vintage feel. Super details!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh this is soooo much fun to look at! All the different elements and perfect! Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art!!
    xoxo
    Nelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.