Friday, December 14, 2018

Contemporary Christmas Card-A Compilation of Old and New Tim Holtz Products

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/12/contemporary-christmas-card-compilation.html Contemporary Christmas Card Plaid & Nordic Retro Merry Christmas Funky Festive 1

 Hello! I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Advent season! I have a simple (and I mean SIMPLE) Christmas card to share with you. This one marries some of Tim Holtz older releases as well as the newly released Funky Festive Thinlits dies.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/12/contemporary-christmas-card-compilation.html Contemporary Christmas Card Plaid & Nordic Retro Merry Christmas Funky Festive 2

The 'Christmas' die cut is left over from this card using the Retro Merry Christmas Thinlits die set. All I had to do was cut the included 'Merry' out of Metallic Kraft Stock.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/12/contemporary-christmas-card-compilation.html Contemporary Christmas Card Plaid & Nordic Retro Merry Christmas Funky Festive 3

I  colored a scrap of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide to cut greens from the Funky Festive set and added a few Holiday greens I had on my worktop. The bow  (Funky Festive) was also cut from metallic card.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2018/12/contemporary-christmas-card-compilation.html Contemporary Christmas Card Plaid & Nordic Retro Merry Christmas Funky Festive 4

The black card was stamped with the Nordic stamp (Plaid & Nordic) using more Cracked Pistachio oxide ink. I tap the stamp with the ink pad and spritz the stamp lightly with water before making the impression. This was mounted on a panel of Metallic silver and all the die cuts were adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.

I'll have a few more cards to share with you, and then I will take a few weeks off from blogging to celebrate Christmas with my family

Merry Christmas!
Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

17 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous, Sara Emily!! I love the texture and colors!! The bow on the greenery is such a fabulous touch!! And thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY Goodness! What a texture-rich creation, Sara! Incredible rustic elegance! Your delicate die cuts combined with the hearty texture of the EF are a great mixture! It's a wonderful greeting! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, all I can say is that where simple cards are concerned, this one is stunning. I love the darker background and the way the 'Christmas' stands out so beautifully. Love this Sara, someone is going to be a very lucky recipient! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your simple design, the fabulous sentiment and the added greenery go together so well. Beautifully conceived and executed. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only have a moment...but WOW! This is a stunner! Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant, Sara!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the retro Merry Christmas die you have made a great card with it too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card ! I love the colors and the die cuts. Thank you for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card with a great sentiment design and wonderful texture! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    Glenda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this clean-and-simple card! That background really makes the sentiment "pop." Thanks for linking up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this green and black combo and your amazing retro die against that awesome EF. Wow wow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining into the challenge over at the We Love To Create Challenge Blog, love your Christmas project, thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this CAS card with it's retro feel. Thanks so much for joining the Christmas challenge at Country View Challenges. Good Luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.