Thursday, June 14, 2018

Number 1 Wonderful Father


 Welcome friends and visitors! I had some fun playing with some new to me Tim Holtz stamps and Framelits set this weekend, and made my father in law this Father's Day card.

 I started with Heavystock that I dipped into inky puddles--Frayed Burlap and Iced Spruce Distress Oxide pressed onto my craft mat and spritzed with water. I wanted to use the old typing machine as a background image this time, so I inked it with Vintage Photo ink and spritzed the stamp with water before making the impression. I was purposefully going for a blurred image, but you can see how crisp and clean this stamp inks up in my post here.


I even got out my sewing machine for this one! You can see I need some practice with my stitches! I couldn't figure out what to do with those loose ends, so I stapled them with the Tiny Attacher. I colored the staples with Teakwood alcohol ink and scribbled over them with Ground Espresso Distress crayon for the ultimate grunge. I'm sure my FIL will have a great big laugh at my wonky stitches!


Now it was time to layer up this handsome Paper Doll over some ephemera. First I gave him and the Accelerator ad from the Collector Layers set a random coat of Distress Crazing medium and allowed that to dry (well, I did speed it up a bit with my heat tool). I colored both pieces with Distress crayons smoothing and blending with my finger.  I sanded a second Layer and colored it with Frayed Burlap and Ground Espresso inks.


 I inked up one of the stamps from Ticket Booth with Ground Espresso Archival ink and die cut it with the coordinating Framelit. It's colored with Fired Brick and Frayed Burlap inks and Ground Espresso crayon. A Christmas Quote Chip works perfectly as a portion of my sentiment. I just cut out the word "wonderful" and used a portion of the rest to give importance to a Chit Chat sticker. To age them, I scribbled the edges with  Ground Espresso crayon and gave them a coat of Distress Vintage Collage Medium. Since I dried them with my heat tool, I got some nice crazing-like cracks. Perhaps you can see them in the photo below.


A Vial Label cut in half and a Numbers Remnant Rub were aged with Ground Espresso ink and stapled to the edge to balance out the collage. I love the way the Remnant Rubs resist the ink and that the crayon gives just the right amount of grunge for this guy card. I layered the panel over textured red card  and that over another sanded Classic Kraft Stock panel. Both panels were blended with Ground Espresso ink.




Thank you for stopping by today and for all your amazing comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily



13 comments:

  1. AA wonderful card Sara Emily, your Father in Law will love this and the wonky stitches look like part of the design!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Another fantastic male card! I adore your wonky stitches .. they look just like mine, LOL!! .. and I love how you affixed the loose threads! LOVE this!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Sara Emily! I love Tim's paper dolls and you have showcased this one perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm... Your mojo's BACK (with a vengence!)!! He he... I totally love this oh my oh my! Gosh, there's nothing like rusty red with sepia and coffee in all its inky goodness. And what a fine gentlemen to set your stage. Way to go with your stitching. Aren't we brave these days?! Ha! I especially love the crazing and watery stamped typewriter on this card. So incredible my friend! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is grunge heaven!!! Haven't been on blogs much these days and I am missing out!!! Oh the label, the layers on the sentiments, the crayons!!! what an inspirational piece Sara Emily!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so amazing, Sara Emily!! First of all, I love how you have the gentleman sitting on the ticket!! It's so clever!! The colors, the stitching, everything is so fabulous!! Using the tiny attacher to staple the end of the thread is such a fun touch!! Love this, my friend!! It's grunge-tacular :) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all layers of inky goodness -- Sara! Love how you stapled your loose thread ends and scribbled over them in distress crayon. Super cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love everything about this card, Sara Emily! The white space and stamping around that vintage guy is wonderful.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the stamping that way, it still looks so impressive and your stitching is perfectly un-perfect, the stapling is such a brilliant idea too! You have created a fabulous card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card as well, a different look with that awesome stamp! I also think your stitching is perfect the way it is and wish I could do that good of a job (maybe if I got my machine out and practiced...!). I love how you placed your paper doll on the ephemera and then used tickets - that's an awesome stamp and die set. Great card, Sara Emily :-) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card Sara Emily! Sometime sos hard to make a cool masculine card but this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, LOVE that colour scheme Sara Emily!!! Such a great composition and clever layering too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure your Father in Law loved this brilliant card. So clever to use just the Wonderful part of a Christmas sticker. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.