Friday, September 22, 2017

Bright, Fresh, Uplifting

Hello friends and visitors! It's been a hectic month for me, and I have another coming up, so my posts will be rather sporadic. Thank you for your recent visits and comments. They mean the world to me, and I hope to repay the visit as soon as possible. 

Today I have a journal page spread in bright colors, something I rarely do. I am participating in a round robin journal group, where we each pick two colors to work with. One of my round robinmates chose pink and orange--not exactly my go to colors.


Lot's of background texture created with layers of medical gauze pads, some vintage foreign book page strips, and then paste through stencils. I had a ton of medical gauze pads in my stash, and I just pulled them apart to give some great checked backgrounds.



Sprays, stamping, and some textiles for more texture. Then I added some more stenciling. 


Some long forgotten felt flowers and 'jewels' were perfect for the color theme. I just couldn't take that bling, so I toned them down with gesso. I added some rub ons, clippings from my stash, and a few labels from my never used label maker to convey my message. And finally some doodling for movement and impact.





And there's the 'openings' at the end of the binding strings. SOOO out of my comfort zone, but so much fun!

I'm sharing with:
 #itac17 #itac17Final #aallandcreate
CIRCLE(s) symbol of the globe, and of infinity - check
Words for PEACE, LOVE, HARMONY or UNITY in any language - check
Wire, sewing, lace, ribbon, something interlaced to symbolize interconnectedness - check
WHITE color of unity and peace in the world - check
And as we all are open-minded people your project could include a HOLE or something OPEN.- check 


Thank you for stopping by today and for all your kind comments! I read and appreciate them all! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hugs and Blessings!
Sara  Emily

19 comments:

  1. You know, for not being your "usual " palette, your sure did a beautiful job with these colors! This journal spread is happy and Uplifting! I love it- see you when I see you!
    hugs,Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've photographed these pages beautifully! The book just arrived yesterday and is tremendously cool! Susan will be so happy. :) Thank you so much for the extra goodies. I can't wait to use the metal sheets and those wings are the coolest! You're the sweetest friend. <3 Love how you left lots of white space. You have such a great eye. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! Loving your word-laden creation, Sara Emily! Those textures, colors, and placement of words really draws my heart. I especially like how some of the sentiments with black backgrounds are paired with white sentiments that further explain what you are trying to convey. Gorgeousness! I am leaving a much dreaded copy-and-paste phrase on my friends' blogs. Trying to get back into the groove of normal, everyday life. The recent events in Florida caused circumstances which triggered exacerbations of my diseases. Hoping that my hands heal, and strength returns soon - the rest of it can be coped with easily enough. Thanks for understanding my inability to accomplish very much - maybe in October? love and hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colors and textures are amazing - a pleasure !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours, textures and goodies on your journal pages. I love the design of both the pages. There's a lot to see without being overloaded.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bold colours, the wonderful texture you created with the gauze in the background, the stitchy flowers and those beautiful butterflies. A totally stunning journal page spread!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink and orange combo, though I don't use it much myself. You've done a great job with these colors and so many textures (great use for those felt flowers!) and encouraging words. Awesome, Sara Emily, would never know this was out of your "comfort" zone! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer - a fabulous step outside your colour comfort zone... I love where it's taken you! The medical gauze provides brilliant detail in the background and I love the stencilled texture to add to it. Fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It might be out of your comfort zone Sara Emily but it sure is beautiful! Love everything abbout it, clever artist you are xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And where can I purchase medical gauze pads from too? lol!

      Delete
  10. OOOOO, so bright and beautiful, Sara Emily. I love all of the texture and gorgeous design. Thanks for playing along at HLS WC Challenge for September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And HLS Mixed Media Challenge too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Thank you for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge and congrats on making Top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all that texture and the bright and vibrant colors - thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your card has so bright colours and looks so fresh! Gorgeos. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps Challenge, Alma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.