Saturday, June 3, 2017

Shine Brightly

Welcome crafty friends and visitors! I have a quick (less than 30 minutes!) card for you today, inspired by the 'Going Round in Circles' theme at Simon Says Stamp and my brand spankin' new circle die. I made this for my friend's daughter for her final dance recital tonight before she heads off to the Big Apple for college later this summer. She's been dancing since she was practically in diapers and she's a star!


The background was made using Distress Oxides, a Tim Holtz mini stencil, glass bead gel, and DecoArt's Metallic Lustre. I won the Lustre in a fantastic DecoArt prize package at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenge earlier this year, but this is the first time I've used it-LOVE! The fun circle die cut is Impression Obsession. I used some of the off cuts to expand the circles. A Tim Holtz paper doll colored with Distress Oxide, a mirrored star, an appropriate Quote Chip colored with watered down Metallic Lustre,  and some white paint splatters finish off this simple fun card.






I would like to share this with these challenges:
As You Like It Challenge-Favourite Reason to make Cards (and why) I love making cards as small surprise gifts to my friends and family to make any 'non-occasion' special. Most people seem genuinely pleased to get a homemade card, especially when it's 'just because'.

Thank you for your visit today and for all your kind words!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

20 comments:

  1. Wow, the distressed oxides background looks fantastic!!! I love the circle dies and probably need to put that on my wish list now! The dancer is precious! Adorable design Sara Emily!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous and happy card - love the colors and adore the image of that sweet little girl.
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fabulous dear Sara! Love that circle and your star dancer! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning, Sara Emily!! The background looks amazing!! I love the colors!! The circles are beautiful!! And what a sweet image!! Absolutely gorgeous, my sweet friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Sara. Love the DOX background, a great mix of colours. The circle dies make a great embellishment.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely design, vibrant too. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Sara Emily! How sweet of you to make for your friend's daughter - she's going to love it! I love the colors of the background and your yellow-colored paper doll is so cute and reminds me of one of my daughter's costumes for her dance recital. Love your circles and the textures - such a happy card. Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing background. Love the design and colors. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is fabulous, I love everything about it. The background is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at AULI Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Sara, gorgeous colours and fabulous design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card, Sara Emily! I'm sure the recipient will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card. Great work. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just too darn adorable- just like you! heehee
    Beautiful palette- I really love those colors!! You rock girlie friend!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You rocked this new circle die and I adore your beautiful layers of pastel colors. The image just shines against your lovely background! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a FABULOUS card for a dancer Sara. Your background is just GORGEOUS and the circles are DELIGHTFUL. I know the recipient just ADORES this. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous background and such a precious gift for the young dancer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste!

      Delete
    2. Such a beautiful and thoughtful card Sara, the circles look fantastic behind the lovely dancer. Apologies for my lateness. Hugs, Anne xx

      Delete
  17. Stunning. Love the use of the circle die and oxides, Beautifully done. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. An excellent reason to make cards! Thanks for playing along at AYLI. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.