Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mother's Day Card - Scrapy Land Challenge #66 - Add Pearls and/or Lace


Hello crafty friends and visitors! It's time for a new challenge at Scrapy Land, and this time the theme is 'Add Pearls and/or Lace' using at least one brand die that Scrapy Land sells in the shop. I've gone with a Mother's Day card I made for my Mom. I'm happy to report it arrived safely in the coordinating box I made for it (but forgot to photograph), and she loves it.



For the background I applied grit paste to thin chipboard and allowed to dry. I applied texture paste through a Prima stencil and sprinkled with embossing tinsel. I dried with heat tool to get even more texture.  I painted the panel with chalk paint and wiped embossed areas back with damp cloth before drying. I colored the panel with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide and blended the edges with Watering Can Archival ink.


The pink lace is from my stash and  dyed with Picked Raspberry and Vintage Photo Distress stain. I had put some lace patterned tissue tape down before adding my stenciling on the background, but it really didn't look good, so I covered it with the real lace. Much better, but my flourishes are upside down! C'est la vie! It's mostly covered anyway!

I cut two of the  Memory Box Palace Oval Frame--one of heavy card stock and one from thin chipboard. I glued the two together to give it more rigidity and used Stampendous Aged silver Frantage to age the frame.


My largest flower (which looks like a peony to me) was made using Sizzix Bigz Tattered Florals die (second to the smallest) and Spellbinders Tammy Tutterow Tattered Posies (2 smallest)die. I colored the petals with Worn Lipstick Distress ink and DOX. The smaller roses and buds were made using Sizzix Small Tattered Florals Thinlits dies. The two off white flowers are store bought flat daisy types colored with DecoArt Everlasting chalk paint and twisted up to make buds. I guess I could have used the Small Tattered Florals with the same effect, but I've got a lot of store bought stash to use up!





I used Tattered Lace Ornate Leaves die for my greenery and Sizzix Butterfly Frenzy Decorative Strip die for the butterfly.


I don't have a suitable Mother's Day sentiment so the 'Special Day' die cut (Penny Black Splendid Wishes) saved the day. It was one of the many sweet gifts from my good friend and teamie Lisa (A Mermaid's Crafts). Thank you, Lisa; I love this die! I aged it with Frantage in Aged Silver, the same that I used on my heart charm and three half pearls.





That's all for me today! I hope you'll take a minute to stop by Scrapy Land to see all the beautiful inspiration from my talented teammates! And then it's over to you! I hope you'll create something with lace and/or pearls and use any die Scrapy Land sells and link up! You'll have a chance of winning a $15 gift certificate to shop at Scrapy Land online shop.



One more look before I link up to these challenges:
Frilly and Funkie-The Sound of MusicNeil Young's 'Heart of Gold' (I used aged silver Frantage, but it looks gold.)Thanks Kathy, I have not been able to get Our House out of my head until I made my heart of gold.Now I can't get that out of my head!

Thank you for your visit today and for your kind comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

32 comments:

  1. Oh your flowers are exquisite, a beautiful card that I am sure will be treasured.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and elegant card! That lace bow is such a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sara. The details are wonderful. I especially love the aged look you gave to the frame and diecut words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous vintage design! Love the frame and that pretty sentiment die.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara Emily, this is just stunning! I love the background colors and textures! The frame is so elegant and I love the aged look on it~The flowers are beautiful along with all the other fantastic details~I am sure your Mom will treasure it!
    Have a wonderful day my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and your flowers are amazing! So many gorgeous details and such a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Sara Emily! This is just wow! What an amazing, artistic, and elegant card you made for mom. Of course she loved it! I love every single embossed and distressed detail. A true feast for the eyes. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sooooooo LOVELY... just STUNNING. Yummy embossing - sheer elegance. What a WONDERFUL card. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not surprised your Mum loves this - it is so beautiful - rather suspect it may have caused a tear or two as well! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card, so elegant ! I wished I could make such a beautiful Mother's day card for mine (soon!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and I forgot: thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste mixed media blog!

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, Sara Emily, this is stunning!! The grit paste background looks amazing!! I love the colors!! That frame is just so spectacular!! The flowers, the lace...every single detail is fabulous!! I know your Mom treasures it...it is a work of art, my sweet friend!! Love, love it!! I hope you have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Sara, what mother would not be absolutely delighted to receive this gorgeous card! The textured background looks beautiful in the pink tones and your large 'peony' flower is absolutely stunning!!! Fabulous work! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning card Sara and I'm sure your Mum will treasure it.
    Gorgeous background and the frame looks fabulous - love the flower too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Sara I'm not surprised your mum loved her card, it's absolutely gorgeous with the wonderful textures and elements you added and that beautiful gold frame with the pinks and feminine touches has stolen my heart. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful display of Roses which are just perfect for our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Sara Emily, this is gorgeous and a new favorite!! Everything about it is just wonderful - your beautiful flowers (they look so real) and I love how you've used the Frantage embossing powder...it looks amazing! Your lace is beautiful and I love the heart. So soft and vintage-looking. This would also make a beautiful wedding card, I think. Love love love it!!! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card ! Love call the details !
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is so gorgeous!! Love the grit paste background and your handmade flowers are absolutely stunning!! With the touches of gold and silver it certainly is a very special card and I'm sure your Mom treasures it!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it, gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness sakes alive! This looks like a very SPECIAL card Sara Emily -- spectacular use of the Frantage! Your flowers, the lace and special do dads are all spectacular!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome! So many beautiful elements, love the texture in the background and the subtle vintage look! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, wow, these layers are amazing. Perfect for this week's mom theme. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well I don't even know where to start with this one Sara Emily. What an absolutely gorgeous card! I sure do love when you tap into your inner shabby chic girl! First of pink, can't go wrong with pink I say! Your background is beautiful, textured and yet subtle. That frame, wow, that frame! You really know how to work embossing powders to get the most amazing effects! Your flowers are scrumptious, the lace is breathtaking and the vellum sentiment strip is delicate and looks like it's floating!! Your Mom must have gasped at the beauty of this masterpiece! You sure hit a home run with this one my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely stunning!!!!Sara Emily, WOW!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    what??? what else could I say- I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous shabby card. Love the girlie feel of this and the metal text and frame are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...this is just stunning, Sara Emily! So much texture and such a delicate and expert use of color make this card super special! I love your handmade flowers!!!! So glad you shared it with us at the Frilly and Funkie Sound of Music Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is gorgeous. I love all your beautiful embellishments - the metallic elements are fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card! Love all of the beautiful embellishments and details! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card goes way beyond special, Sara Emily! It has such a soft, lovely, vintage feel with the metallic touches adding the perfect contrast. The flowers are AMAZING! I love everything about it and I know it will be treasured forever!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.