Wednesday, December 16, 2015

12 Tags of Christmas-Funkie Junkie Style -Week 12 Finito!!!

Hello everyone! Oh, happy day! I've finished my last card for Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge today, and now I can get my (New Years) cards in the mail!  Ha! Ha!


I've never made a gate fold card before, at least not that I can remember! But Linda's tag shown below inspired me to give it a try.   Not only was I inspired by her folded tag, but look at that plaid! I fell in love with that and that sweet bundle of embellishments, and that's just the front of the tag! You should pop over to her blog, and see the surprise inside.


Probably the hardest thing about this card for me was to think ahead,so it would come out the way I wanted it to in the end. I had to have that tree centered! Probably not hard for most of you, but I don't roll that way! My creativity flows...it's rarely planned, so throw in some ciphering, and I'm toast! But that bee was still in my bonnet, and I wanted to get'er done!  I love this one...my favorite...it's like a little gift you open.



First, you slide off the paper twine with the little Tim Holtz Christmas Ephemera tag written out to "YOU ALL" from "ALL OF US". Then the rustic belly band  (festooned with a tiny silver reindeer from Linda's shop and the little snippet of ribbon that held the bag of reindeer closed all held on with a tiny antiqued silver safety pin) slides off to be used again, when the greeting is put away, and hopefully treasured for years to come.




Inside, a Christmas greeting is embossed, then heat embossed with gold powder.




The tree was fussy cut from the edge of my card after I embossed it.   I did this by using the negative from a die cut Woodlands tree as a stencil. Afterwards, I masked it off and used the plaid embossing folder to "stamp" the background in two colors, and then stamped with the music image. Lastly I applied Frantage to the tree and the background for "snow". After adhering the embossed paper to the interior, I had to fussy cut the tree a second time. I'm now legally blind!

If you are thinking of joining in with Linda's challenge, she has graciously extended the deadline to December 27th, so there's still plenty of time!  The Funkie Junkie Boutique is sponsoring this challenge: Linda has three generous gift vouchers to her shop for three lucky winners, and everyone who participates and follows the rules will get a 15 % off coupon to use for a January order! Wow!  If I can do it in 7 days, you can do it in eleven!

Products used (some of them fresh out of the box from my last order from The Funkie Junkie Boutique):  Exterior: Darice embossing folder;  Distress inks in Barn Door, Mowed Lawn, Vintage Photo; Christmas music stamp: Hero Arts; Archival ink in Watering Can;  Frantage; Die: Tim Holtz Woodlands; Embossing Powder: Distress in Peeled Paint and other greens from my stash.  Interior: Tim Holtz Merriment Paper Stash;  Tim Holtz Fancy Christmas Texture Fade, gold embossing powder/Versamark ink; Vintage Photo Distress ink. Embellishments: Recollections burlap ribbon, silver charm/dyed ribbon from Linda's shop; pin, paper twine from stash; Tim Holtz Christmas Ephemera.

I would like thank Linda for her TREMENDOUS energy, inspiration, and  for hosting and sponsoring this challenge (The Funkie Junkie Boutique).

I would like to enter this card into the following inspiring challenges:
A Vintage Journey Vintage Christmas Tim influence:  his vintage style, his spritz and flick technique used on the exterior of my card, his  Distress and Christmas products.
Scrapy Land Challenge #32 Holidays I used a Sizzix die (used the negative space of Tim Holtz Woodlands die as a stencil.)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Die Crazy I used Woodlands die by Tim Holtz/Sizzix.

Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comments!  I hope you all have a joyful and Blessed Christmas! I appreciate each one of you who cheered me on as I worked my way quickly through the 12 Tags of Christmas!  You all are awesome! Big hugs!
Sara Emily
PS I will be back tomorrow and Friday with three Guest Designer projects.  I hope you'll join me for those posts!
UPDATE: I promised a photo of my Closet when I got all my 12 "tags" done...don't judge me!  I've been very busy! This actually looks much better than it has this week! How can anybody work like this????


23 comments:

  1. Whew, you have been a little Energizer Bunny these days but you did it so I would say that since I didn't do one tag, you are a better woman than me :) This is just as awesome as the rest.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Sara, you have been so busy these days! All of your 12 cards are just fantastic and this one is probably my favourite! It's hard to decide :) I am so happy you did it! Bravo, my friend! Thank you for the picture of your closet! It's a place where all the magic happens!
    Huge hugs to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is so beautiful! I love everything about it! The gate fold, the plaid paper, those adorable charms! Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS and I love your crafty area...scrumptious full of inspiration! Absolutely love what you did with the 12 tag. Beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH you've so urged me to get to work. I am thrilled beyond measure that the deadline was extended, WHEW! Got a sweet 16 this weekend for my oldest, where does the time go!?!? Anyway, just wanted to say that you've given me such a good idea from the closeup of the tree. I'm going to do a full tag sized fold out with the flaps just as tall as a regular tag - yay! I really wanted to take a photo of them all lined up and thought that one being off sized would spoil it... But now I can't wait! I also wanted to ask you why your blog addy is .uk but you mentioned living in NC? Have you recently moved to the States? Well, I'm just a few hours away, perhaps we can meet up at convention one year in Charlotte! :) Hugs my friend and Happy Happy Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the card and congrats on completing all of it.
    Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. We look forward to seeing more of your lovely work in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute christmas card. I love papers & colors. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful tag, Sara! Love your red and green, and the trees are amazing! Your space is a lot more organized than mine! Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your special magic closet! And Happy Holidays to you and yours -xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara, this is beautiful! Like you, I'm sure I've made a gatefold card, but just cannot recall it! So I'll take a cue from you and try making one soon. Yours is beautiful - and I love the way the tag has been integrated! Thanks for playing in the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo! Simply astounding work to get all 12 done and so beautifully in the time you have. Love your tree perfectly positioned on its fold - and I have to say that cluttered desk looks all too familiar to me!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Egg nog delight time! Not sure if you drink it but if you do, put some alcohol in it because you are awesome sauce! Toot toot for completing all of these lovelies! I just blew your horn, lol! This is a stunner and I love that plaid! Interesting idea for the tree cut out. I am going to give that a go if I ever get that die set! You are amazeballs dearie! Go to see that small inch of work space you have there! Hahahaha! That's what I have right now as well. Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card!! Which one is mine?! teeheehee
    Your cards and tags have been brilliant and inspiring and for the life of me, I have no idea where you find all of the time to do so much- you are AH MA ZING! and I bow to you oh fantastic creator of beautiful cards!! heehhee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous project and you've packed it with so much detail ~ it looks amazing and is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card. ♥
    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Be sure to check out our DT Call as well.

    Hugs Line.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous gatefold card, love all the different elements. Your desk looks fine to me, I'm always amazed how much stuff I need to get out just to make a card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very beautiful card .
    Thank you for joining us at the Artistic Stamper's December challenge. Hope to see you next month !
    Titbelsoeur DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card with a great folding :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    Good luck !!

    Astrid DT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you have been busy, and so sorry I'm only just catching up, but I must say, it's been fab getting a big hit in one go, I'm buzzing (and sounding like an addict...). I love the spot on you desk, it looks like how mine usually looks, in fact I had to go to the floor the other day as I had run out of space. Anyhow, back your amazeballs creation, that fold is wonderful and the little tag with the sleeve is pretty cool too, how do you think these things up, you are very talented. But mostly what I'm loving about this card is the vintage, olde, Christmas feel with the red stripes and elegant 'Merry Christmas' inside. Takes e back to being a kid at Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous make...I was looking at your desk and mine can be like that too every time I am working on a project...LOL I just have to put things back in order after. So delighted you blessed us with your project during our two-week Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We started a new Challenge today and I hope you'll join us again. Leaving you with God's Word in 2 Corinthians 5:17-18 which says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:" Have an awesome New Year!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so delighted that you were able to play along with my annual 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style this year, Sara Emily. Congratulations on crossing the finish line! This is one sensational card! Your plaid is gorgeous and I love that you used polka dot for the inside pattern. Your tree is fantastic and I love the on-the-edge placement. A really beautiful finale to your 12 cards!

    Thanks again for playing along. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. fab card with a vintage feel. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx.
    http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.