Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge wants to know if we'll use kraft color, paper or perhaps a witch when they offer this challenge: Witch Kraft. I can't resist a chance to craft up some Halloween fun, so I chose to use all three on my wall hanging.
Craft Hoarders Anonymous wants to see buttons on our projects, and last week I shopped another estate sale and purchased a grungy boxful I can use on mine. (By the way, the box also contained a pink diaper pin!!!! to replace the one I couldn't find for another project I entered here.) The design team at Craft Hoarders Anonymous has certainly inspired me to get my button hoard out and use them--thank you for helping me face my addiction.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is anything goes! I'm in!
I started with a piece of corrugated board from my stash, distressed it a little and inked it with Distress Inks and Dylusions ink sprays.
Next, I distressed toile paper from my stash using the inks and sprays. The kraft paper panel is an old paper bag that I soaked, then crumpled, squeezed, wrinkled, flattened out, and allowed to dry. Then I distressed the edges some more and rubbed some Distress Ink over the entire panel to highlight the cracks and crevices.
The corners were made from pieces of an old petticoat which I've inked with Distress, then blasted with my heat tool. Be careful with this; it works like a shrinky-dink; you'll end up with a pile of dust on your craft mat if you toast it too long. I speak from experience! The photo corners came from my stash-- toned down with some Walnut Distress Ink.
I had a toad in my junk and thought it would be fun to have him involved somewhere. I spritzed him with a little Goose Bumps to give him some warts, but this doesn't show well in the photo.
For my witch, I used Tim's Movers and Shapers die and put her in a frame from K and Company. I made the background by starting with plain manila card stock, stamped with script from Inkadinkado and swiped with Walnut Distress Ink on a baby wipe. I gave her a hat from Jolees, which I toned down with Walnut Distress Ink.
The tickets are made with Tim's Alterations Ticket Strip die, stamped with his stamp from Stamper's Anonymous Odds and Ends collection, and distressed with several Distress Inks. I made the rosette from a scrap, distressed as previously noted, and lastly cut using Tim's Alterations Mini Paper Rosette die. I edged all with Distress Inks.
All pieces were glued down using one glue or another from my arsenal and dimensional glue dots where I wanted a raised look. I finished by adding the fibers from my stash, the seam binding from another estate sale 2 weeks ago, and the old, grungy, dirty buttons I just added to my cache. They still have years of dust, dirt and grime on them--perfect!
I'm so grateful for the design team's inspiration and challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge--you pushed me to get started on my Halloween decorating! Lot's of grungy, crafty hugs to you!
I am entering this in Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Witch Kraft and Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #14 Button It Up and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes.