Saturday, August 9, 2014

Surprises

Yesterday I sent a bunch of boxes to my sister in Texas, filled with school supplies, games, puzzles, work books and other stuff she can use in her 3rd grade classroom.  She  is a teacher, and can use all the help she can get.  I guess it's no secret I like to find goodies at yard sales, and scored big for her this summer.  So, to announce the arrival of her packages, I decided to make a card with these presents on it.  The boxes I sent are all brown and drab, but I included a bright green one on the card, since this is her favorite color. The background was debossed (by accident).


I was inspired to add a little sparkle by Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Make it Sparkle and Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog.  I used Stickles Rock Candy on my bows and added some bling from my stash.


Products used:  cardstock, Distress Inks, Stickles (Ranger), bling from stash, pop dots,  Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Die, and Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I would like to enter this card in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Make it Sparkle and Sweet Stamps Challenge #181 Bling.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sara, the debossing accident turned out fab :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mandy. Sometimes you just have to go with what happens! Wait 'til you see all the accidents on my next project! Sara Emily

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.