Sunday, April 10, 2022

Hopping Down the Bunny Trail


Hello again, (spring) peeps! There's nothing like spring sunshine and spring flowers to bring out the creative juice! I pulled this old background from the depths of my stash to back some pretty flowers and a bunny hopping down the bunny trail. I can't tell you much about how I created this, but it's just a the back off an old greeting card that I recycled. I think I was experimenting with some Perfect Pearls mixed with a clear medium (perhaps collage medium) over an ink blended surface, but I wouldn't swear to it. I more recently blended it with Walnut stain. I wish I knew what I did, because I would like to make another. The embossing folder is an old one, too, from Lifestyle Crafts (?), more than likely picked up at a yard sale at some point. Just gorgeous shimmer when tipped to the sunlight.


The Tim Holtz Wildflowers (die cut with sets #1 and #2) are painted with Distress Oxides and the bunny's ( Tim's Bunny Hop) tail is a Christmas pom pom cut in half. So easy, but oh, so cute! I'd like to share this with...


Right now I've got to go try and recreate this background. Crafty hugs! Sara Emily

 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card ! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our April "Spring" challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That deep stashed background was perfect for this. Love the colors on it. Cute cute bunny card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sara! The background matches perfectly with the bunny and the flowers!
    Thanks for joining in with our April Spring challenge over at Country View Challenges.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and happy card! I love your Easter design, the new TH basket weave embossing folder is gorgeous with all those pretty flowers and cute bunny rabbit - perfect 😀. Happy Easter Holidays! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. From stash to TREASURE !
    Sara, this makes me want to join that bunny on
    his tip-toe through those paper flowers!
    Your stash gods (lol) knew when this background was needed and stuck it right where you’d find it for this very make; perfect!
    ;)
    The Funkie Junkie Challenge thanks you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! The flowers are so soft and beautiful. I love the bunny rabbit too. This card certainty says spring. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! Janna FJDT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful make from a leftover background! The bunny and flowers just shine on that backdrop! Thanks for playing again in the Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! Thanks for sharing it with us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Sara, such pretty colours. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.