Monday, December 13, 2021

Wishing You Joy Card Set

 

I'm back again today with another set of Christmas cards rolled off the Closet's assembly line! I just had to purchase Tim Holtz' Winter Watercolor 2 set after seeing Stacy Hutchinson's gorgeous cards, and I was inspired to make very similar cards.  I urge you to visit her blog, if you haven't already, and be prepared to be INSPIRED!! While I loved her gold embossed Christmas phrase on vellum, I wanted to give my cards a little different look--less traditional; more playful. I had one of these joy tags in blue in my box of leftover bits, and decided the bauble would be just perfect. Don't you love it when you can mix the old and new together?  

The baubles are die cut using Christmas Circle Words (Tim Holtz) and scraps of sanded Metallic Kraft Stock.

Some of these cards are oriented in landscape and others in portrait. I've added 'wishing you' embossed in Princess Gold to some of them when there wasn't too much texture in the background.

But others had a snowstorm in the background rather than flurries, so I opted to just hang the Christmas ball. Stacy used Opaque Grit paste dusted with Distress Glitter for her flurries, but I only had the translucent grit paste. So I whipped up a batch of my own snow,  making use of what I had on hand. Another simple pleasure of making--trying to come up with new 'products' when you don't have the real deal. Happy crafting! I'm off to finish up with my cards, and perhaps then we will decorate the tree. 

I will be sharing these in the following challenges:

The Funkie Junkie Challenge Blog 'Yuletide Delights'

Country View Challenge December 'Christmas Anything Goes'

Simon Says Stamp Monday Cold As Ice

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Cold As Ice



 

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful project. Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stacy's stuff too! Your cards are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining the fjbc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I saw your beautiful cards, I knew where you got your inspiration!! I love your CASE:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! You are right the Watercolor Stamp is a "must have". I love the addition of the ornaments. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sara Emily these are so beautiful! I love those ornaments dangling perfectly on each one. Thank you for joining in again with our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what stunning cards! I love all the elements your created - amazing 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fresh look of these and that bit of stencil work really gives it a luxurious touch! Miss you and hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.