Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Mixed Media Card with Tim Holtz Cutout Blossoms

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Mixed Media Card with Tim Holtz Sizzix Cutout Blossoms 1

Welcome! One more birthday card for you today! Now I have a girl and guy birthday card in my stash, lest I get caught again at the last minute empty handed!

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Mixed Media Card with Tim Holtz Sizzix Cutout Blossoms 2

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Mixed Media Card with Tim Holtz Sizzix Cutout Blossoms 3

The background is stamped with a Heidi Swapp stamp in watery Distress inks, and I cut the aperture with  Tim Holtz Cutout Blossoms Thinlits die. I've had this die for quite some time, and I never really could figure out how I would use it. I think it works well on this simply designed card.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Mixed Media Card with Tim Holtz Sizzix Cutout Blossoms 4

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Mixed Media Card with Tim Holtz Sizzix Cutout Blossoms 5

Wishes is cut from Confections Metallic Kraft Stock with Holiday Words Thinlits die and after sanding it I pounced with Celestial Alcohol Pearls. I did the same for the flower backing.  Even the Prima butterfly is touched with a bit of Celestial glimmer. Another EASY card!

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Mixed Media Card with Tim Holtz Sizzix Cutout Blossoms 6

Thanks so much for your visit today! Take care and big hugs! Sara Emily

Challenge shares:

14 comments:

  1. Wow, so stunning, Sara Emily!! The design is so amazing!! I love the colors and details!! The butterfly is gorgeous!! Love, love this one, my friend!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Sara! I love the colours especially with the added touch of pearly shimmer. The flower cutout looks fabulous and the stamping is the perfect finish! Love this!! Have a great day!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love how you've used the Tim die to make this stunning card. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! I love the colors. Your background is so pretty. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background that you created, it is perfect to show off the die on top. I don't think I would know how to use that particular die but you clearly do, this is a gorgeous card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarah! This is stunning! It's also perfect for Try It On Tuesday's 'Things with Wings' challenge if you would like to join in! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very very beautiful Sara, I love how you have displayed that flower cut. I have those dies and don't believe I have ever used them. Your Butterfly really is the perfect embellishment.
    Now i'm off to see what else you've been up too as i've been awol, so whilst the head is clear i'm making the most of it with a cuppa... Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful love the new alcohol inks too - not seen before xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the grungy design with the shimmer of the flower and pretty butterfly - stunning 😀. Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the details and textures..so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG your mixed media work is really beautiful! I adore your project! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges! We can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty colours - the shimmer of that cut-out flower is amazing - what a great effect. Sorry I’ve been so absent – there’s a quieter period on the horizon (at least until the next last-minute gig bobs up to spoil it).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.