Friday, March 15, 2019

Some Bunny Loves You With Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Sprays and Geo Springtime Die

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/03/some-bunny-loves-you-with-tim-holtz.html Tim Holtz Geo Springtime Distress Oxide Spray Mixed Media Card 1

Hello! Today I'm sharing a card I made for my daughter. She is not a fan of the pink, nor am I,  but I think this grungy version might be acceptable. She recently acquired a lop eared rabbit named Nugget, who is the sweetest companion for her, and he is the inspiration for this card. Sometimes one of his ears sticks straight up just like this bunny. Both of my cats are afraid of the little guy, although they are at least 3 times his size!

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/03/some-bunny-loves-you-with-tim-holtz.html Tim Holtz Geo Springtime Distress Oxide Spray Mixed Media Card 2

The background was made with Wendy Vecchi Crackle Paste and Tim Holtz Hearts Layering Stencil. I used Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Spray and Ground Espresso Distress ink to color it. Love how easy it is to get all that beautiful chalky color from just 1 or 2 presses of a button.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/03/some-bunny-loves-you-with-tim-holtz.html Tim Holtz Geo Springtime Distress Oxide Spray Mixed Media Card 3

And what's not to love about this geometric bunny? I cut the bunny from the background panel before I stenciled and inked it. I layered the inked panel over a second panel inked with Antique Linen, then re-inserted the Frayed Burlap inked bunny die cut.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/03/some-bunny-loves-you-with-tim-holtz.html Tim Holtz Geo Springtime Distress Oxide Spray Mixed Media Card 4

I smudged over the entire panel with Prima's Opal Wax. The shimmer is very difficult to pick up on my I-phone, and I can assure you this is much prettier in real life.

Sara Emily Barker https://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2019/03/some-bunny-loves-you-with-tim-holtz.html Tim Holtz Geo Springtime Distress Oxide Spray Mixed Media Card 5

Final details include some script stamping (Entomology) with Distress Archival ink in Black Soot, some old Remnant Rubs, a couple of Small Talk Occasions stickers and lace and pearls from my stash. Thanks so much for visiting today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs! Sara Emily
The following products were used and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

Geo Springtime Thinlits Die Set
Distress Oxide Spray - Picked Raspberry
Distress Archival Mini Ink Pad Kit #3


23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how could she fail to love this, it is gorgeous. Love the bunny and the gorgeous crackle!

    Nugget sounds adorable, even it if he does scare the cats. They are probably frightened of those teeth! Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty background you created, and how fun to make is so personal for your daughter.Thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Ud Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet grungy pink card with fabulous layers, especially those crackle hearts. Nugget sounds great to have around and full of bounce. Have a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's so stunning!! I love the amazing texture!! The crackled hearts are spectacular!! I love the bunny!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card Sara...That bunny is so cute, and I am totally with you not being a fan of pink, but the subtle grungy vide makes it perfect! Huge Hugs! Simona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and not too sweet or pink! I love the background, textured and grunged up. Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and very artsy! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘One for the Ladies’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeously done, Sara - loving your amazing textures, sweet friend! Hope things are going well for you. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card, Sara Emily! Love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to use the new designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful card!!! I'm sure your daughter must love it!!! I noticed at the end of your post - Sara Emily. I must have missed this before or didn't think about it. Do you prefer to be called Sara Emily or just Sara?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card Sara! The texture is amazing (love those crackled hearts) and, although I'm not a huge fan of pink either (depending on the shade), the colour is gorgeous!! Your daughter could not fail to love this, it is totally stunning!! Enjoy what's left of your weekend! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to be honest, I have never been a fan of those geo dies, but I think you have just made me change my mind.... This card looks absolutely amazing!! The background is just so lovely with those crackled hearts, and to my eyes the shade of pink is lovely, despite not being a huge pink fan either. The brown tones (and the opal wax) have given it just the perfect vintage shade, specially together with those added bits of lace. Your daughter is going to adore it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully created and I am sure it will be treasured!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with this card! your use of Bunny die is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. PINNED!!! LOVE the crackle and love the softness too...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are right, Sara-Emily, your pink is not too sweet at all!!! Fabulous grungy background!!! Thank you for joining the March challenge of the Country View Challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete

  19. http://welove2create.blogspot.com/ Thank you for sharing your card with the DT from We Love To Create, love the colors and the background is fabulous Hugs Corry. (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card (I like pink =))! The cracked hearts are yummy! Your cats will get used to the little bunny I think *lol*
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges this month!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So gorgeous and love the grungy look! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're having a lovely time with that geo-bunny, aren't you?! I adore the crackled hearts here... it's another "cracking" card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.