Friday, November 23, 2018

Tim Holtz Lumber 3D Embossing and Aviary Collage Paper Card


Welcome!  I hope my US friends enjoyed a warm and cozy Thanksgiving Day yesterday. While I was waiting for my Forest and Holly Collage Papers to arrive, I had a play with Tim Holtz' Aviary Collage Paper. I love these beautiful birds, and this paper really can be used every season. I made this as a belated Birthday card for my friend, Autumn, because I know she loves trees and nature. Sorry to be late, my friend!


The focal panel was made by first stamping Distress Mixed Media Heavystock with the Florals stamp from the Dots and Florals set using Bundled Sage. I inked my stamp then spritzed with water. After drying the card, I swiped it with Distress Crazing and left it to dry. I blended the panel with Evergreen Bough Distress ink, heat set and then applied Peeled Paint Distress Crayon with just dampened finger. I just love those subtle cracks!

I matted the panel with Metallic Kraft stock and framed with a panel made with the Lumber 3D Texture Fade and Distress Opaque Crackle paste mixed with Ground Espresso Distress re-inker.





I used Distress Collage Medium Matte to apply a pair of birds and some of the sheet music images from the Collage Paper. You can see a little of the stamped images peeking out from the layers in the photo above.


The greens were die cut from Classic Kraft Stock using Holiday Greens Mini Thinlits and colored with Distress Crayons. I used Evergreen Bough Distress Marker and Distress Oxide to color the Juniper berries. The quote is from the Nature's Wonder stamp set.


Hopefully I'll get started on some full fledged Christmas crafting before too long! Until then, happy crafting!
Hugs!
Sara Emily

The following Tim Holtz products were used and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

15 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Sara! I love the collage tissue. I would love to have the new Christmas tissue but I kinda have to pick and choose where I can get more bang for my buck. I ended up with Tim’s Stamptember release. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card means so much to me! It is so incredibly beautiful and layered perfectly! Thank you so much for thinking of me. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crackle in the the background and that pretty pale blue. A beautifu, nature inspired Christmas card.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Sara Emily. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love the layers and crackle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! It's so stunning!! I love the colors and the crackle!! The birds look amazing!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so completely gorgeous, Sara Emily! Your color choices are just dreamy, and the muddled stamped background with the crazing is so soft and inviting. One of my favorites from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card the birds look so effective on your lovely greens and background and all the other layering makes for a stunning effect. I love the crackle too and the feathery pine branches look perfect with bright blue berries. LOVE THIS CARD xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card Sara and I love the sweet birds and embossing, which really adds great texture and depth xx

    TFS and hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love how you used the collage paper Sara, it looks so beautiful on your card with the hints of colour and the wonderful crackle! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful and the perfect card for Miss Autumn! Love your colors and, as always, your 3-D lumber embossed panel is so realistic. Love this!!! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh I love your colours here. No wonder Autumn loves it. Beautiful card! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed this at the time, so I'm very glad I ended up here today. The colours in this are glorious, and I adore your little nests for the birds, as well as that fabulous wood panel background. A true treasure of a card for Autumn.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. An absolute work of art for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! Just love all of the different parts of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.